Fave Quinoa recipes

Options
124»

Replies

• bcgirl70
    Options
    Quinoa Burgers! I got the recipe on Pinterest, they are alot like a potato pancake in texture and taste, love them for breakfast so have never really tried as a "burger".
  • susannegreen
    susannegreen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • MrsLg
    MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    http://practicalcookingforone.com/2012/03/06/shrimp-fried-quinoa/

This is my favorite. I ate it twice a week while my husband was deployed.
  • agadoogirl
    agadoogirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try Pinterest, there are so many great recipes there!
  • sherri33s
    sherri33s Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i am going to try
  • LisaBoehnke
    LisaBoehnke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok. this may be a silly question, but I have gone to the grocery store several times, and have never found where the quinoa is. What area of the grocery store do you find it in? Is it in with the rice, the cereals??? Help!
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    Ok. this may be a silly question, but I have gone to the grocery store several times, and have never found where the quinoa is. What area of the grocery store do you find it in? Is it in with the rice, the cereals??? Help!

It should be in the rice area, but it's possible that your store doesn't carry it and you may have to go somewhere else. Costco has huge bags of it for a good price, or any health food store will have it.

I have made quinoa "risotto" before with great results. It works really well as a substitute for bulgur in any tabbouleh recipe. Also, I'll just cook it with chicken stock and have it as a side dish. Or like last night, just had it plain with a stir-fry.
  • LisaBoehnke
    LisaBoehnke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jodie!!!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You can look around by the oatmeal or in the organic section. I think I found the package I bought by the oatmeal.