New Fitbit Flex Wristband

Options
I have been holding out on buying the Fitbit because I hear it falls out of its casing and gets lost really easily. This Spring they are releasing the Fitbit Flex wristband - details at http://www.fitbit.com/flex and a lot more through Google. Very similar to the One and $99.95.

Thoughts on this new product? I am considering preordering. I heard people saying that it's like a cheap watch because there is no display on it.

Replies

• Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I got a fit bit one for Christmas....it doesn't fall out of the case easily --- at all. I'm really liking it so far.
  • brokenhonu
    brokenhonu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit for over a year and never lost it. I also never use the case, just clip it to your clothes or just drop it in a pocket.
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My fitbit Zip flew off my waistband as I pulled up my pants and straight down the flushing toilet. ByeBye Zip.
    I did like it (for the 2 weeks I had it) so now I'm considering the Flex. Less of a chance of it doing a magic act.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit for over a year and never lost it. I also never use the case, just clip it to your clothes or just drop it in a pocket.

this^^ mine is always clipped to my bra.
  • griffx12
    griffx12 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Always on my bra - no issues for me!
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    I got a Fitbit One for Christmas and I also wear it in my bra and don't have any problem with it. I think one of my favorite features of the One is that it is inconspicuous. I personally don't like the idea of wearing something on my arm or wrist that other people would recognize.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I echo what has been said before I have a FitBit one, sleep with it at night with the band it comes with, clip to my bra during the day. Love it!
  • SyllyThings
    SyllyThings Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've heard that any type of pedometer should be worn on your core body for accuracy. Not sure how true that is.
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I would not recommend wearing it without the clip. I've heard many horror stories of people clipping the device on their clothes without using the clip and have had them snap in half. :sad:
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have the zip & wear it on my bra no problems I was toying with the flex but I also don't like something on my wrist I like fitbit is tucked away doing its stuff secretly... Also I'm not sure how accurate it can be on your wrist anyway.. Nearly got the Nike fuelband but after lots of research people said steps & Calories not as accurate another reason I like the fitbit!! Has anyone had their one case rip?? My silicone case on the zip has ripped!!! Anyway fb sending a replacement however the one is on Groupon for £64.99 so just ordered that instead!!!
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ugh I had the fitbit one and got the nike fuelband instead bc I wanted a bracelet
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I
  • WilhelmCF
    Options
    I have the Fiitbit Zip
  • WilhelmCF
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip and despite being rough on it, it has held up, never fallen out of its holder nor ever slipped off my beltloop nor waistband. Best of luck on your quest. Sorry for the prior typos.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've had an ultra for three months or so and it's not fallen out of the clip yet, nor do I expect it to as it sits very tightly. I will say I'm sorry I didn't wait for the One to come out before I purchased (didn't know about it until after the purchase) simply for the bluetooth updating.

I did read up on the Flex Wristband and I like the idea a great deal and if I was buying now that's the way I would go
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options

I would not recommend wearing it without the clip. I've heard many horror stories of people clipping the device on their clothes without using the clip and have had them snap in half. :sad:

fitbit support is awesome - if this happens just email them and they will send you out a new one free of charge. I have mine on my bra strap 24/7 lots of good info obtained this way.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    The new strap is waterproof. HUGE bonus with the fitbit. I broke 4 or 5 with sweat, getting wet etc. I'd hold out personally if it's a fitbit you want! X
  • sungvars
    sungvars Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been a fitbit user since 2009 and have lost about 6 of them, even when tethered. Just picked up my flex today. Figured it might stay put better than the other models. I love fitbit. You will become addicted in no time...
  • briansyr
    briansyr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lost mine 3 times in the last week and somehow managed to find it each time!! Going to write the people at Fitbit to ask for an alternative solution. Its too expensive to just hope it doesn't fall out of the case.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have a one. I wouldn't say i lose it all the time I just forget to put the damn thing on and then misplace it. I also don't attach to my bra I put it on my pants and it sometimes falls off (but i waitress so stuff is always hitting it). I'm going to order the flex though. It's a better option for me because i won't have to worry about taking it off and its supposed to be water proof 《 big plus