New to all of this!

Hi everyone! Let me start off by saying I have never had to worry about what I was eating, or how active I was until I hit my 30's! I've been average or underweight my entire life, but I guess age & lifestyle are catching up to me..lol I am 33 years old, married and I have 3 children. 16, 8 & 4. I am a stay-at-home Mom also. I'm not extremely worried about my weight, but this is the most I have weighed since I was pregnant with my last 2 children. I am most worried about setting a good example for my 8 year old daughter who is overweight. I don't want to be one of those Mom's who tries to push their child to do better when I am slacking myself. The problem in our household is that my husband & 2 sons need to GAIN weight..LOL So we have to compromise on meals so it benefits everyone. I know protein will do that, but any other suggestions? We are trying to cut back on wheat of all kinds too, because I have tried doing the whole wheat & I only gained weight on it. The wheat we have today is not the same our grandparents grew up eating. So we are down to 1 meal a day with wheat ( bread, pastas)..that is huge for us because we eat a lot of it! We are also fast food junkies, although we have been broke here lately so it hasn't been an issue..lol Blessing in disguise I suppose! Thanks for the support & I hope to be interacting with you all soon! BTW I am almost 5'9 & I weigh about 188. I'd like to lose 30 pounds & fit back into my size 12 jeans! (I'm in a 16 now & they are sometimes too tight for my liking)

Replies

• jyow01
    jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
    Feel free to add me. I would say try and fill up on vegetables I know thats hard with kids. However, you can eat a good amount of them with low calorie intake. I can't help you with your guys needing to gain weight I have never had that problem.