• PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Doctors are idiots. PMing you,.

Not all doctors are idiots, actually.
  • kikionna4
    kikionna4 Posts: 308
    Options
    I had gallbladder attacks right after I had my son in 2010 which lasted off and on for a year until I found out I had gallstones. Idid get pancreatitis in November 2011 while being like 7 weeks pregnant with my daughter so I couldn't get it removed. I have had maybe 1-2 attacks since then but none serious more just achey. I know what my triggers are for them so I basically just eat low fat foods. My triggers are anything dairy related pretty much. Cheese is by far the number 1 trigger for me, which sucks but you get used to it. After improving my diet I haven't felt better! Also what caused my small stone to get stuck in the bile duct is from leaning forward and rocking back and forth. Baaaad idea. I will have to get it out eventually but as for right now with knowing my triggers it's fine. Also this might be tmi but I can always tell when I need to give my gallbladder a rest is my BMs will be yellowish. Which is very common when you have gallstones.
  • strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Had my gallbladder removed about 2 years ago or so. I had had attacks for a couple years before that but the last one sent me to the er with a pulse of 34 and blood pressure up a good bit. Main thing to avoid is grease and fats. At least that was how it was with me. I drank milk all the time and ate greens but never had attacks when I had had them it was only when I ate way to much grease and fats that it would hit.
  • bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Having mine out next week! Yikes!!

I was also told, losing weight can make them very upset (the stones). That its not just fat that can bring on an attack its a combo of fat/protein. But now anything does it, but I think I'll have a pretty good idea what a heart attack is gonna feel like when this is out of me. :explode:
  • blakenz
    Options
    A friend of mine recently went on a weekend long organic apple ONLY diet to help with gallstones, she said that she naturally passed through quite a number of gall stones.

You may want to look into it further.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5139430_apple-juice-remedy-gallstones.html
  • losinjen
    Options
    I'm going in for an ultrasound tomorrow to see if I have gallstones. Interestingly enough I had my gallbladder removed in 2000. I had been having attacks and went to the ER several times only to be told that I had heartburn. They didn't expect a 21 year old to have gallbladder issues is what I was told. I ended up with a blocked bile duct and severely ill.

After having my son 12 weeks ago I've started having attacks that felt similar. I went to the ER last weekend hoping they could figure out the pain. It never occured to me that I could have gallstones again since it's been removed. Well seems like my doctor is thinking gallstones. It's apparently not common but it can happen that you develop stones without even having a gallblader. I'm not even sure how you treat that!

I don't have any trigger foods really. I've had attacks after eating a turkey sandwhich. I've had an attack after eating crackers. I've had an attack after eating chicken & rice. It seems like pretty much anything can cause me to have an attack. :(
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Wow...how often do you have these attacks? I only had attacks (yes, I can relate to the pain) when I ate meals quite high in fat. And when I was diagnosed and told I had gallstones I was just told to stay away from high fat foods. I am thinking everyone's tolerance for fatty foods may be different and your doctor is just wanting to be sure that you don't have any more attacks, but having said that, you may be able to eat some of the foods on that list. Just consider your history and what foods caused you to have attacks in the past and stay away from those.

My sister was able to re-train her gall bladder with the help of her doctor to avoid surgery and get her body to be able to eat higher fat foods.

She had to do under the advice of a doctor and very slowly............

Her Dr also said the low fat way of life that everyone is told to eat is the blame for the high incidences of gall bladder issues we see today. People need to train their bodies to be able to accept digesting fat.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've had mine removed (10+yrs ago) but before the op, after my one and only HUGE attack, I didn't make any dietary changes and had no ill effects whatsoever. Guess I was lucky as it was over a year from the attack to the surgery.
    My GB was FULL of rocks - I've still got them in a specimen jar, lol.