I want to be skinny for my birthday!!

tiffykole
tiffykole Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
okay, so my birthday is coming up at the end of the month, and i want to be 20 lbs lighter. ha ha..
i just want to lose some weight so i can look good on my birthday!!!! Help!

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    20 pounds in one month is a lot of weight to lose and is not realistic. I shoot for 5 pounds a month. Try to focus on getting healthy and not the pounds and i'm sure you will feel great by your birthday!
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    I agree. 20 pounds in a month is unhealthy. Not sure what you weigh now, but unless you are morbidly obese that sounds like an unrealistic expectation. 5 pounds definately is a "can do". Good luck and Happy Birthday!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    You are capalbe of losing 20 pounds a month. But I do strongly suggest that you do it healthy, be patient and again be healthy. I lose about 20 pounds a month sometimes closer to 15 and sometimes 25... it all depends on how hard I push the cardio and for how long. Well wishes to you on your journey!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    She's trying to get down to 115...there is no way she can lose 20 and still be healthy, she's not obese...just a little over weight (maybe...I don't know her BMI, height, bone mass, ect)
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    She's trying to get down to 115...there is no way she can lose 20 and still be healthy, she's not obese...just a little over weight (maybe...I don't know her BMI, height, bone mass, ect)

I think a lot depends on body structure. For some 115 is the low end of healthy. For other's 125 is the low end. I would just suggest to be concerned, but not judgemental. We are all here for a reason. And we all should provide positive support.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member

I think a lot depends on body structure. For some 115 is the low end of healthy. For other's 125 is the low end. I would just suggest to be concerned, but not judgemental. We are all here for a reason. And we all should provide positive support.

Yes, but 20 in a month isn't healthy...not to reach a goal of 115.
This discussion has been closed.