Vegetarian

Options
When I say "vegetarian" I mean I don't eat meat, I don't like the texture, etc. but I still eat foods which have some animal content, such as Haribo (only example I can think of..). My diet is pretty basic though and repetitive as I only stick to the same foods for months, some times years, at a time.. I'm currently eating only potato foods and bread. Is there any foods/recipes which doesn't contain meat but is more adventurous than potatoes and bread? I'm wanting to change my diet to a healthier, more appealing one but I have no idea where to start!

Replies

• rr430rd
    rr430rd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you can add me and take a look at my diary, I don't eat meat either
  • azalea617
    azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Add more veggies than potatoes and some fruit. That would be a good start. And some proteins, like quinoa.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I just started a vegetarian lifestyle 3 days ago, but I made a taco pie the other day that was awesome,
    sautee 1/2 onion and 1/4 of green bell pepper diced in a pan with 1tsp oil, add 1 can black beans rised and drained, 1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained, 1 can diced tomatos with green chilis not drained. add taco seasoning to taste and a little taco sauce, and in a pie pan (I actualy used a 9x9 square pan because thats all I had, I just cut shells to fit) put in 1 taco shell, add 1/3 bean mixture top with cheese, then start over, shell, beans, cheese, make a total of 3 shell, bean, cheese layers, top with another shell, cover with tin foil and bake 1/2 hour. top with whatever you like on tacos and wahla.