I'm new

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Danica. I have been battling my weight for awhile now and thought that I would try something new. So this is it.

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is a lot of support and great information here. All the best to you!
    Risa
  • Danica27
    Danica27 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks. Seeing as how you are a runner, I have a question for you. I want to start a walk to run program, but I am confused about the difference between jogging and running. Is jogging considered running or does it have to be a longer stride to be considered running? Thanks for the input.
  • TracyV
    TracyV Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Danica =) glad you found your way here! i know nothing about jogging or running but i've seen people talking on here about a program called "Couch to 5k". Again don't know much about it but it sounds like something that might be helpful for you. You might want to search the discussion boards for info or Google it
  • Danica27
    Options
    Thanks Tracy. Let Melly know I am here too please.
  • Mortiz05
    Mortiz05 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm new to as of and hour ago..this website is fantastic!! Wish me luck and I wish you all the best too!!
  • Lacey123
    Lacey123 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Luck Danica! I have just started doing this as well...it is helping a lot! Just being able to see what I am eating and how many calories I am burning keeps me motivated! Have fun!:smile:
  • cherylanne57
    Options
    hi all i am also new to this been trying to lose weight now for about a year . don't have a clue what i am doing wrong but can't seem to lose a pound. just gaining.
  • katieb_87
    Options
    hi. welcome. i just joined today also. good luck.
  • Danica27
    Options
    Wow! I am impressed. Thanks to all for the good wishes. I wish you all the same. It is nice to know that we are all on this journey together. I am looking forward to seeing all of your losses and positive results. Good luck everyone.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hi Danica- I just saw your question now about running vs jogging. To be honest, I don't know what the definitive answer is on that. I'll look into it for you though and get back to you. I consider myself a runner...however, I'm sure there are those who are faster than me that may consider me a jogger :-) Regardless, I love getting outside, moving my body, setting goals for mileage and reaching them. I'm not fast, but I finish!