Hi new here

Options
Hi I just recently joined. I'm trying to get to a goal weight of 125. But with working 4 tens, having 4 kids at home, and going to school for my Bacholers weight loss can be difficult at times. I usually train in MMA but have been out for over 6 months and the weight has piled on :( Hope to meet new people and work towards my goal. Good luck to you all :)

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community and good luck getting a better handle of your schedule. I, too, am constantly swamped. I work two jobs, one of which I own, have a family, large property to tend to, active social life, etc, etc.

For me, it comes down to advanced preparation on the nutrition side of things and a flexible mindset on the exercise side of things.

By advanced preparation, I simply mean I typically take two days each week to pre-cook and bag my foods into serving sizes. This way it's a simple matter of grabbing and going.

By flexible mindset, I simply mean I avoid the rigid mentality where if I miss one day of exercise, I miss the entire week in an attempt to "start fresh" next week. If I can't make it to the gym, I make sure I at least do something at home.
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    Sounds like your life is just as crazy. I like the idea of precooking, thanks. The diet thing has always been my weekness, I would rather live in the gym then diet lol. Nice to meet you and thank you for your tips :happy:
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yea, nobody wants to be on a "diet." And truthfully, I think perspective plays a huge role in success. If you're viewing it as a diet, chances are good you're viewing it as a way you MUST eat temporarily to reach a specific goal in the future. The problem with that mindset is once the goal is reached, what happens?

If history tells us anything, it's that people revert back to their old habits. And when that happens, their old body is created again. Hence the dismal statistics associated with diet success rates.

It has to be a way of eating that a) controls your weight and physique and b) doesn't feel like a chore. You have to like the foods you're eating, not be rigid to the point you're craving things left and right, and be flexible.
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    That is very true, when I'm in training I eat great, cut out soda and sugars and up my protien, But afterwards I go right back to the bad habits. I was at my goal weight in October and that fight fell through so since then I have been eating what I want and not doing such extreme workouts. So that's how I've found myself here with an extra 14 pounds :frown:
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    That is very true, when I'm in training I eat great, cut out soda and sugars and up my protien, But afterwards I go right back to the bad habits. I was at my goal weight in October and that fight fell through so since then I have been eating what I want and not doing such extreme workouts. So that's how I've found myself here with an extra 14 pounds :frown: