it's the small things that count

Options
nolachick
nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
Ok so I have not been losing any weight on the scale, b ut I would just like to acknowledge some progress that I have made in my new lifestyle.

:flowerforyou: on saturday I ran for FIFTEEN MINS straight on the treadmill on a speed of 5mph (Major accomplishment for me)
:flowerforyou: I haven't had time for breakfast the past three days but instead of going to the drive thru for a greesy breakfast sandwich I have opted for toast and cream cheese or banana and yogurt and the the like. (again Major accomplishment for me)
:flowerforyou: despite having those monthly cravings, instead of eating a whole pint of ice cream, I had 2 tbsps just to satisfy my craving and put the rest away.
:flowerforyou: yesterday I walked right past those tastee doughnuts in the lunchroom and drank a tall glass of water instead

these things may seem small to you, but to me, they are a vast improvement from the unhealthy choices I used to make and in fitness as well becuz I could not run longer than 2 mins without huffing and puffing and losing my breath.

Feeling very confident and motivated right now. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

What are your small accomplishments you've made this week?

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It is a small yet huge accomplishment. I asked my sister, who is very sedentary, if she wanted to try the c25k program with me. She said yes and we did the first training last night. i thought that she hated it, but this morning she called me and asked if I would register for a 5k with her on April 29th! That is so awesome to me that I got someone who loves just sitting on the couch and relaxing to asking if I would do a run with her!
  • dhitz
    dhitz Posts: 8
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! It starts with being able to have that self control and will power. I think if you don't have that then you will never make it.
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    They're HUGE accomplishments in my mind! to run for 15 minutes? I get to 1 min 20 secs and give up... and the 2 tbsp's instead of the tub? you're like my hero right now! lol - well done hon...

My accomplishments - I've drank so much water this week, that my wee is clear (maybe TMI... lol) but I'm proud of it :D
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You're right - it's the small things that count! There was not one HUGE thing that made me gain weight - and it won't the one HUGE thing that makes me lose. Each small thing becomes a habit and each small habit becomes a part of a healthy lifestyle. Congratulations to you for making good choices! And YAY for the 15 minutes running - to me... that's HUGE!
  • eliz405
    eliz405 Posts: 9
    Options
    Congratulations!!
    I agree, It is the little things that count. Somethings I have given up to achieve my goal are ice cream daily, buttery popcorn, creamy soups and fried foods. I can find pleanty of other things to eat that taste great and are better for me.

:glasses: I walk 10 flights of stairs on my lunch break at work 3 times a week.
    I'm a snacker, so I am bringing celery and carrot sticks to work with me to snack on.

I still go over my calories a little each day. But, I will not give up! Each day I will make it my goal to stay @ 1800. Not 2300. :tongue:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    They're HUGE accomplishments in my mind! to run for 15 minutes? I get to 1 min 20 secs and give up... and the 2 tbsp's instead of the tub? you're like my hero right now! lol - well done hon...

My accomplishments - I've drank so much water this week, that my wee is clear (maybe TMI... lol) but I'm proud of it :D

Nope... I hear ya on the wee... what we're saving in eating out - we're going to spend in extra toilet paper! LOL!
  • LiesaP
    LiesaP Posts: 9
    Options
    I have just started on my journey to a healthier lifestyle, and have just joined this site; but I want to say congrats to you. Major accomplishments. Well done :-)
  • rosysilhouette
    Options
    HAHAHA at the wee. Mine isn't clear enough yet :D. Well done to everyone for your accomplishments. This week I have followed my workout plan to the T, even when I didn't feel like it. I also resisted having full fat hot choc and had skinnycow with water instead, I am so proud.
  • nolachick
    Options
    thnx for the support u guys. at the beginning of this I had no idea how I could gain back my self control. I thought food was more powerful than I was and couldn't resist temptation and I thought my body was too weak to exercise, but my mind is stronger and you just have to push yourself and its amazing to see what you can accomplish.

Here's to taking back control of your life! :drinker:
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    These things are not small - each one requires commitment, motivation and will power. You're heading in the right direction. Keep it up.

Sue
  • bighurt
    bighurt Posts: 7
    Options
    **LOVE IT** Keep up the great work. You are well on your way to obtaining your goals and continuing to provide motivation for others.
  • yogigirl720
    Options
    i agree that the about the little things counting. i do mini workouts. i love doing them bc its setting small goals for the day.
    :smile:
  • rvkirk
    rvkirk Posts: 37
    Options
    Well done :happy:
    Yesterday I had to eat at a company provided lunch, as was at a conference, not a lot of healthy things there. I did however manage to avoid the morning pastries, the afternoon donuts and at the lunch didn't have the chocolate fudge cake and opted for the fruit salad. Before MFP I would of had all three, which would be more than my daily allowance calories!! No wonder I was putting on weight.
    Congrats on your achievements, soon you'll be running 5k without breaking a sweat :flowerforyou:
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    thnx for the support u guys. at the beginning of this I had no idea how I could gain back my self control. I thought food was more powerful than I was and couldn't resist temptation and I thought my body was too weak to exercise, but my mind is stronger and you just have to push yourself and its amazing to see what you can accomplish.

Here's to taking back control of your life! :drinker:

Amen to that. Keep making the small changes, and you will notice a huge difference soon!
    Keep up the great work!
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes, great job on all the little things you've done!! As for me, I actually started the 10K training on Monday, and have also taken up the challenge of getting to 200 sit-ups, 200 squats, 100 push ups...this is just week 1, but I am committed.
  • nolachick
    Options
    **LOVE IT** Keep up the great work. You are well on your way to obtaining your goals and continuing to provide motivation for others.

way to go on those 30 lbs!
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have not been losing any weight on the scale, b ut I would just like to acknowledge some progress that I have made in my new lifestyle.

:flowerforyou: on saturday I ran for FIFTEEN MINS straight on the treadmill on a speed of 5mph (Major accomplishment for me)
    :flowerforyou: I haven't had time for breakfast the past three days but instead of going to the drive thru for a greesy breakfast sandwich I have opted for toast and cream cheese or banana and yogurt and the the like. (again Major accomplishment for me)
    :flowerforyou: despite having those monthly cravings, instead of eating a whole pint of ice cream, I had 2 tbsps just to satisfy my craving and put the rest away.
    :flowerforyou: yesterday I walked right past those tastee doughnuts in the lunchroom and drank a tall glass of water instead

these things may seem small to you, but to me, they are a vast improvement from the unhealthy choices I used to make and in fitness as well becuz I could not run longer than 2 mins without huffing and puffing and losing my breath.

Feeling very confident and motivated right now. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

What are your small accomplishments you've made this week?
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! Those are HUGE things in my world and I am so very proud of you!!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Good job, girl! Keep up the awesome progress!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Nothing small about those,,, you rock honey. :smile:

My accomplishment for this week? Getting back on the elliptical after a couple months off with the depressed winter blues... I've maintained weight by sheer calorie control, but my exercise regimen has gone to pot. Trying to get back into it.

I did spend 45 min's on my new Ripstik last night - Woohoo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!