Body by Vi??

Has anyone every heard of or tried Body by Vi? I have a friend asking me to do a 90 day challenge. I just don't know if I can replace a meal with a shake. I know they have meals too depending on what you decide to do. I just wanted to get some feedback before I respond to her. Thanks!!

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Never heard of it
  • hopejackforever
    hopejackforever Posts: 1 Member
    I have been replacing breakfast with the Vi shake for over a year. Love it! DO IT!
  • mSquared77
    mSquared77 Posts: 47 Member
    "Can of worms" now opened..........I would say simply search the message boards and you'll find thousands of posts about this topic.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    It's just a more expensive way of creating a calorie deficit. There's no magic to it. The shakes are lower in calories than what most people would normally eat as a meal - therefore, people lose weight.

If you want to drink shakes, go for it. There are cheaper ways of doing it, but people like convienence.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    no
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Personal opinion-everyone feels differently. A friend I work with tried them, she lost no weight and it made her bloated and lethargic. Other people have had good success with them. Good luck!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    I have tried it and it really helped to jump start my weight loss. I stopped about a month ago and am still losing 1-2lbs per week =) I'd say give it a go... I had mine at lunch time so I didn't feel starved all day =)
  • daco79
    daco79 Posts: 4 Member
    I was on it for several months and i had bad headaches along with the fact that it is not the healtyist thing lots of junk in the powder...
  • My sister in law sells the stuff, straight pyramid scheme, what your friend is trying to do is get you in to help them make money. From what I've read, you can get the same results using weight watchers for significantly cheaper.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    It's an expensive weight loss shake. You can get protein powder for much cheaper and eating is much better for satiety as compared to shakes.
  • twintsj
    twintsj Posts: 1 Member
    I friend of mine is pushing it too. I have not gone to a meeting/party but did look on line and it is kinda pricey. I am with you about replacing a meal with a shake as well.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    I have tried it and it really helped to jump start my weight loss. I stopped about a month ago and am still losing 1-2lbs per week =) I'd say give it a go... I had mine at lunch time so I didn't feel starved all day =)

Is your body a car with a dead battery?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    My sister in law sells the stuff, straight pyramid scheme, what your friend is trying to do is get you in to help them make money. From what I've read, you can get the same results using weight watchers for significantly cheaper.

You can get the same results from MFP for even cheaper, lol
  • bcdg24
    bcdg24 Posts: 35 Member
    Yes, of course, I've heard of it and it's becoming very popular as a meal replacement or supplement food product. I have three different friends that use it and sell it. The idea is to have a daily menu of 1 shake for breakfast, a snack, 1 shake for lunch, a snack, then a healthy dinner. The shakes are supposed to make you feel full, but i'm sure you could experiment with the ingredients. My friend uses hershey's syrup and peanut butter along with milk in her shake to help curb her sweet tooth. You can track the shakes in your Food diary.
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    I've tried it - and for me, it was ok but I missed having real food. I got annoyed wth making a shake everyday and making sure I had enough stuff (ice was a problem to keep on hand) on hand to make it. Plus after buying the powder and then the ingredients needed to make a decent shake - I didn't save $. I'd rather have food over a shake, that's just me.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member

Jump, jump The Mac Dad will make you, jump, jump Daddy Mac will make you, jump, jump Kris Kross will make you jump, jump
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    :noway: Just eat real food
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Are there any special benefits and is it just the shake or are there other products that I can try with it as well. Also, I've been kinda bound up for a while, does it have a good fiber content? My last protein shake didn't so well in that area.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    I do the shakes but not as a meal replacement. When I get a craving for chocolate or something sweet, I make a Vi shake. Cures it every time.
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    I did it twice and lost but wasn't satisfied with just shakes lol (it would came back a little bit at a time) and it can get pricey cause you want to get the xtras on top of the shakes unless you get 3 others below you..but I don't knock it I keep a bag on hand to help as others say jump start.