A big hello from WV

Options
I'm new here but have been trying to lose weight and get healthy for a while. My husband and I want to start trying for a baby in August and I need to get healty for that...so hopefully some weight comes off too. I have a daughter who is 8 and I had her at 19 when I was thin, healthy and full of energy. Starting over at 27, while it's still young, is going to be a lot harder on my body than it was at 19. Thinking about how hard it was then and how much harder it will be since I'm out of shape freaks me out. So, I'm on a health journey to try and make a pregnancy/birth easier on my body.

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am also trying to get healthier so that I can carry a baby of my own. Maybe we can help support eachother. Feel free to add me as a friend and keep in touch. Diane from WI
  • casamelsmom
    Options
    I am in Ohio, right across the border of WV panhandle. Are you close? I work out every morning and would love a workout partner. I had my last baby at 36 years old and was definately out of shape then. I have changed my whole attitude and feel so much better now (5.5 years later!). I started with South Beach Diet and lost 30 lbs. I still have 10 to go and have been exercising since Sept when my daughter went to Kindergarden. I work out about 45 minutes m-f and sometimes if I miss a day I add Sat. but I usually try to do 5 days/week. Right now I am trying to see if I am able to do a 5K in June, so I have been running 3.1 miles. I do not like it, but it is a goal I am setting.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I am in Ohio, right across the border of WV panhandle. Are you close?

Just popping in to say my boyfriend is from Huntington, so I've had the grand tour of the Tri State area up your way!!! Hi!!!