What can a husband cook for dinner?

Options
124»

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My wife used to refuse to cook healthier choices, so I started simply refusing to eat what she cooked. Let him put in all that "effort" making hamburger helper, and just enjoy the hurt look on his face when he serves it up, all nice and proud, and you say "I'm not eating that ****." Sure there were some tears and the ol' "you don't appreciate what I do", but she got the point when I said "you;re right, I don't appreciate you cooking ****."

So, long story short, I do all the cooking now. And I'm 10X the cook she ever was.

Who got custody of the kids?

The State.

Good choice.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Grilled meat other than burgers and a salad!
  • Angie1366
    Options
    Talent is his only restriction. Outside of that send him to Youtube and wish him the best of luck.

YOUTUBE is great to help with anything... especially cooking - I followed a woman doing fish pie once! Easy Peasey! SLow cookers (crockpots) are wonderful, my other half loves doing them - also he has one staple recipe of mine down to a T which is one of my have all time dinners...

It's just Spaghetti with a tomato based sauce (garlic, onions, peppers, celery, mushrooms, chopped tomoatoes (tin) and some herbs chucked in and chilli or paprika.. he alters it depending on what is in the house! He might add courgette (zucchini..)) Had that tonight! I am stuffed!!!!! And no meat means low calories!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Buy him the cookbook called Cooking for Dummies. There really is one out there! Just joking tho.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm used to a man cooking as my Dad ALWAYS did the cooking in our family! We all learned from him.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation. My gf would lay out the recipe and I would put things into a crock pot. Easy to follow. Just put the ingredients in crock pot. Set to cook for 8 hours. Very little effort required.

If not open to that idea, just prepare something the night before and tell him what time and at what temperature to turn the oven on. Also, remind him how long it needs to cook for.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Get the Taste of Home Diet Comfort Food Cookbook. Eating from that for each dinner (minus weekends) helped me lose around 90lbs in a year. Good food, low cal.

Excellent cookbook. Also like Clean Eating Magazine's cookbook.
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Bad news for you....he already KNOWS how to cook, he just doesn't WANT to cook.

Moms always teach their sons how to be self-sufficient.

Spot on Jim! Now she should call him out. ;)
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    BAHAHA My fiance's idea of cooking is a frozen pizza or eggs made in the microwave LOL
  • healthymissh
    healthymissh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to remember all the things I.could cook when it comes time to actually having to make something! I use PINTEREST to help me do some basic meal planning. I have two 'pin boards'that i use - one for general recipes that I see online that I like, and one for weekly meal planning. I pin recipes as I find them online onto my http://pinterest.com/gokkusagi/noshknack board. This gives me a pool of healthy recipes to choose from, when I'm not feeling so inspired. Then, I do my weekly plan, trying to find four- five recipes that will get me through the week, creating leftovers or ingredients that can be re purposes into other dishes. If I want to use a recipe from a cookbook I already have, I'll google it. 99% of the time, someone else has already posted it. If not, I'll just post a pretty picture with a book and page reminder. So my http://pinterest.com/gokkusagi/eat-me/ becomes my go to meal plan. I've not quite gotten back to it since the holidays, but maybe having a list like that would help compile recipes that he could try, and that are healthy.

I like the fact that they are online, because then I've got all my recipes in one spot. If I need an ingredient, I can double check and make sure I've got everything I need. Hope that helps!