New member with IBS

Options
hi all

What a way to introduce myself eh - where else would you start by telling someone your embarrassing medical condition?! ;)

I do have problems with slow transit (ahem), but I'm not going to let that become the excuse for why nearly half a stone has crept on in the past 12 months.

I'm hoping to shift a realistic 1.5 stone in weight. I once lost that on Weight Watchers in 11 weeks, but I'm a bit older now, so as long as it's consistent I'll be happy with 1 lb per week.

I tend to build muscle quite easily, but my preferred exercise of running or elliptical doesn't tone up my tum as much as my legs / arms, so hubby kindly bought me a piece of kit called 'Perfect Sit Up' for Christmas.

I'm sure some women wouldn't consider that a thoughtful present, but I was very pleased!

I am finding calorie counting really easy and non-gimmicky. I think I've spent too much time faffing about in the past. There's no escape when you're recording honestly. I'm on Day 3, and each day I've left myself some spare calories in the evening for emergency snacking, and not needed them.

Thank God for tinned tomatoes, small slices of bread, accurate scales and the MFP food tracker and database.

So thanks in advance for the support - even the indirect support of reading replies to other people's posts.