Let's Hear It!

So I was reading another post about embarrassing "fat" moments, so let's hear some awesome stories about getting fit, losing weight or anything health related. Did someone say something to make you feel proud, were you able to do something you never thought you could, did you show people who doubted you that you are a freaking rock star......let's be positive people!

My big moment came the other day. I ran 3 miles and then did Body Combat. Not a huge deal, but the instructor who I think is just awesome told me that I was in awesome shape. Made.my.freaking.day!

Replies

• ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Anyone....there has to be some cool stories to tell!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    when I told my new colleagues about the "bad old days" when breakfast used to be 2 cigarettes, a can of energy drink and a chocolate bar! they were flabbergasted as I now tend to have fruit & porridge after running to work!
  • Two semesters ago I had a class in this classroom equipped with those chairs with the little flip-up desk attachment thingy, and I couldn't put the desk part all the way down because my bulging belly got in the way. Tonight, I started my class in the same classroom. AND I FIT!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    I fit in to some size 34 hunting pants I haven't been able to wear in 3 years...I was up to size 40...
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    I have participated in a Mud Race/Obstacle course (twice) and you need serious strength to do that!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Walking into a clothing store and NOT having to go directly to plus size.
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    This morning a woman who I have long found intimidating due to her athletic ability, intelligence and rather aggressive personality came over and put her arm around me and congratulated me on my weight loss and told me how impressed she was with my achievements! Made my whole day!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    As soon as I got below 150lbs, I could sit on the toilet lid without having it cave in. :)
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Love reading these! Thanks for playing ;)