Crock Pot Ideas??

Options
Im so lucky to have received a crock pot for christmas. . . now my only question is what do i make??? I dont eat pork and the other half eats steak (i dont) and whatnot . . . we dont eat beans so no chili would work. . . i tried a pulled bbq chicken which wasnt bad but now im already out of ideas???

Anyone else a picky eater with a crock pot?? Any ideas and or recepies would be much appreciated!!!!

Replies

• jiggy66
    jiggy66 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Im so lucky to have received a crock pot for christmas. . . now my only question is what do i make??? I dont eat pork and the other half eats steak (i dont) and whatnot . . . we dont eat beans so no chili would work. . . i tried a pulled bbq chicken which wasnt bad but now im already out of ideas???

Anyone else a picky eater with a crock pot?? Any ideas and or recepies would be much appreciated!!!!

You can make a ground turkey chili with no beans (I dont care for beans, but I like chili). I love using it to cook my meat for tacos....I like roasts (you could make a turkey breast roast I suppose) with veggies in it. Lo-cal soups maybe....
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I found tons of crock pot recipes in Pintrest. There's where 80% of my "healthy food binder" came from. good luck!
  • kim_crank
    kim_crank Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about chicken? I have put frozen chicken breast, thighs, legs, etc. into the pot with bbq sauce to cook? Even on low you may not want to leave it all day to cook. Depending on how much you cook it should be ready in <4 hours.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has a lot of great crockpot recipes. Just click on the Crock Pot link to the right.
  • Cortez45
    Options
    Try this site www.laaloosh.com/ct/health-and-food/food-recipes/crock-pot/