The new Diet Fork

Options
I just saw this and had to post.... OMG!! Personally I thibk this is crazy sad. Would anyone actually use this?

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/no-self-control-fork-tell-stop-eating-184400295.html

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    If they can market it the product, people will buy it.
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    hahahahh! It just made me Laugh Out Loud!!!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I read about this a few times as it is one of the "hot" items at CES this year. (Geek side of me keeps track of the Consumer Electronis Show each year) I find it intersting but I don't beleive I would buy it. The only thing that it does that might be helpful to me is eating at a slower pace. I am guilty of eathing FAST sometimes and I know that can cause you to overeat but I have been working on that myself and I am not sure I need my fork to vibrate to tell me to slow down.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I just saw this and had to post.... OMG!! Personally I thibk this is crazy sad. Would anyone actually use this?

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/no-self-control-fork-tell-stop-eating-184400295.html

Sometimes things that vibrate make you want to use them more
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Saw this on MSN yesterday, thought it was kind of a cool idea for slowing down our eating. Will not spend money on it, but somebody will:laugh:
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I mean the concept certainly makes sense. Eating slowly does really help decrease your calorie count. Chewing your food more is also scientifically correlated with increased fullness after meals for some reason.

I've found that when I eat more slowly and chew more I definitely stay more full for longer (The calorie count isn't really applicable for me because I weigh my food before I put it on the plate!) - but counting to ~30 when I'm chewing is a lot cheaper than a $99 fork!!!!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I heard about this on the radio yesterday, it's pretty silly!
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Gotta love all of the people judging...

I've been an extremely fast eater for years so this is something that might actually help me...

However...

There's no way I'd pay $100 for the thing. I'd consider $5-$10 max.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I generally don't put vibrating electonics in my mouth ... :blushing:
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    There's now a fork on the market that will start flashing red lights at you to let you know you're eating too much too quickly. It also yells, "Stop!" "Think what you're doing, you dummy!" "You have to wear a bathing suit in May," and asks "How are you going to fit into your wedding dress, Little Miss Piggy?!"

I wish that part was true...but they had to ruin it by saying it didnt actually talk. *Cry*
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

I generally don't put vibrating electonics in my mouth ... :blushing:

That was my thought too!

I think it'd be cooler if it really talked.
    I'd never spend $99 on it - not when like another said, i can count & use a free site called MFP ha
  • hayleycreates
    hayleycreates Posts: 27 Member
    Options

cheeky. :happy:
    I wouldn't buy it, but the article made me laugh. Especially the miss piggy bit.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Heaven forbid we just measure out a portion size and eat that...
  • ilanax3
    Options
    No fun!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I love my forking diet.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Who eats pizza with a fork?
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Who eats pizza with a fork?
    </raisehand> But I also don't wait for it to cool down and I usually eat deep dish. A NY style pie on the other hand should just be folded, and decimated in 2-3 bites.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    hahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha. I feel like the people who make this must be laughing to themselves about it.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Haha! Interesting idea. WAY overpriced, though. I have to often remind myself to slow down when eating, as it is not like most other tasks that I just want to "get over with." But sometimes a reminder would help, like my grandma sitting across from me saying "Slowww down! Chew your food and enjoy it." like she does every time I've eaten around her! lol