MFP or Facebook...?

Options

Replies

• emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    MFP > Facebook

although some days hard to tell them apart.
    It's like how my sister convinced her son that raisins are "candy"
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I traded my FaceBook account for a FetLife account...
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    I wish that people got on board with Google+. It's KIND OF awesome.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    The enjoyment of both is directly tied to the quality of your friend list. Good friends = good times. 691 friends? have fun with that.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Facebook...Twitter...DEACTIVATED!
    :drinker:

Um...didn't you that here once before as well?
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Hello fellow fetlifer!

Is this where I admit I never deactivated my Myspace account? :ohwell:
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't think they should be compared. MFP is designed to improve your fitness, and in the process, to use social networking to keep you motivated. Facebook is designed to help you keep in touch with people about life in general. If you are using MFP as a replacement for Facebook, then you are here for the wrong reasons. There is no way you can help motivate and help hold people accountable like you should when you start adding everyone and their grandma to your MFP friend list. I don't even like the "rate the person above you" games on the chat wall. Totally defeats the point of this site. I keep a tab of both sites available and use them for the purposes for which they were intended. Track the calories here, track your family and friends' lives on Facebook.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    MFP >>>>>>>> Facebook

would much rather see updates of fitness related stuff all day than baby pictures

I posted baby pictures on MFP...

And Facebook has the "ignore all posts from ______" button... Very handy...

So does MFP. Click on the arrow by their name, then click on ignore.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I have both and use both, but I don't want to see your fitness goals and updates and every time you go to the gym on facebook...that's not what I use it for.

Facebook is for stalking people I know in real life without violating my restraining order. MFP is for finding new people to stalk in case I have to move...again.
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    I'm so sick of facebook. But I can't ... not ... look ...

It's like roadkill. I don't WANT to see it, but once it's there, I can't look away.

Buahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP more, but I would have to choose FB over MFP. My family all lives on the opposite side of the Country as me and that's how we keep in touch most of the time. They love to see new pics of my daughter and I am way too lazy to email them to all of them.
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options

Amen!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP more, but I would have to choose FB over MFP. My family all lives on the opposite side of the Country as me and that's how we keep in touch most of the time. They love to see new pics of my daughter and I am way too lazy to email them to all of them.

They don't live in Quebec do they?
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I use Myspace.

Tom is my best friend..
  • SoulReckoning
    SoulReckoning Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I meant to "quote" ^^^ but i replied instead...my bad.

AMEN! I hate FB for one reason: app & game requests...especially this Birthday Calendar thing! ugh! I wish I would have know 5 years ago that FB was going to turn out like it has and I would have started being more selective with friends, apps, etc. a long time ago. It's probably my biggest love/hate relationship.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

They don't live in Quebec do they?

No... why?
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I spend so much time on this website, its my new Facebook. Im so addicted. I find it more entertaining and far more beneficial. I should probably spend more time exercising than reading on here though haha.

Just wondering if anyone else is the same.
    I agree, lots more social and fun.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I wish that people got on board with Google+. It's KIND OF awesome.

I forgot I even had one of those...
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    My facebook is filled with people who take everything I say seriously. So I don't go on there that much anymore.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I only use fb because some people i can't see very often in real life but beside that i find it boring.