Anyone tried the New York City Ballet Workout?

I'm doing the Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred and was thinking about doing the NYC Ballet workout with it to improve flexibility/posture/toning. Has anyone tried it? I've heard that bar workouts are really great but I've never known anyone who's actually done them before. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Sad no one replied to your post!
    I was doing a search to see if anyone else out there was trying ballet bar.
    I am not doing NYC Ballet, but I am doing the Barre Method workout and have taken classes.
    HARDEST DVD and class I've ever taken! I literally need a NAP afterwards!

I have tried everything - Zumba, yoga, water aerobics, machine weight lifting, and I find that this format is changing my body the fastest. I think it may be because it is cardio and strength at the same time.

Right now I can only do it 1-2 times a week because it WEARS me out! But I'm going to keep at it. I would recommend any genre of ballet bar. It is working for me, and I only just started 3 wks ago.
  • htorstenson
    htorstenson Posts: 1 Member
    I've done the NYC videos before as an alternative to going to ballet class. I love it. If you don't want to commit to buying the DVD the whole video of 1 and 2 is on YouTube.
  • Funny, I had just posted a topic before I saw this one. I'm not able to do a tone of lifting right now, and need to get my back in shape, and was seriously looking into some barre workouts. I loved some of what I saw through a fluidity workout (?) but not sure I wanna drop the bucks for something like that. I've heard a lot about Lotte Burk, but again, haven't tried it yet. Any recommendations?
  • I love fluidity but I have not figured out how to put it into myfitnesspal!
  • Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    I have both of the NYC Ballet workout DVDs and I LOVE THEM! The second one is a little more intense and there is a short dance routine at the end. I used to do ballet but wasn't able to fit classes into my schedule. This is a great alternative, especially if you have never danced before. It is very beginner friendly and offers modifications. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Good luck and happy dancing!
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    bump