Heart Rate Monitor Calorie Challenge

Options

Replies

• cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Last week was decent, even though I only made it to the gym three nights. I wound up skipping Saturday because I spent the day doing yard work. That should count for something!

I managed to burn 5451 calories in 7 hours and 55 minutes. I was shooting for 8000 calories but I'll try again this week.

On the plus side, my FT-60 rewarded me with 3 stars and a trophy! =) It seems you can train as much as you like in Zone 1 as long as your Zone 2 and 3 targets are relatively spot on.
  • Laika3
    Laika3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I've been really bad at updating MFP. I promise to keep it up to date from here on in!

As far as exercise goes i'm doing good, love spinning to get the calories off. I managed 3000 kcals last week! :happy:

I've burnt 500cal this morning at the gym and I hope to start the 30 day shred soon when it gets delivered.

Good luck on the calorie burnage! x
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Last week was decent, even though I only made it to the gym three nights. I wound up skipping Saturday because I spent the day doing yard work. That should count for something!

I managed to burn 5451 calories in 7 hours and 55 minutes. I was shooting for 8000 calories but I'll try again this week.

On the plus side, my FT-60 rewarded me with 3 stars and a trophy! =) It seems you can train as much as you like in Zone 1 as long as your Zone 2 and 3 targets are relatively spot on.

wow u are doing awesome! 3 nights and all of 5451 cals? I don't think I cud burn that much even if i worked out everyday!

well i also only had 3 workouts last week and my total calories were around 1500. not great I know but will try again this week to atleast make it to 2500. tonight, I won't eat dinner til I've worked for it. so 500 calories atleast~!
  • Laika3
    Laika3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

700cals burnt last night doing spinning and the 30 day shred!
    Fitted the shred in this morning before and hope to get to the gym later, so should be well over 2000cals off this week :happy:

Happy exercising everyone and have a great weekend! x
  • cmw72
    Options
    This past week was pretty good. I succeeded in hitting over 2000 calories during each of the four days I went to the gym.

That puts me at 8166 calories in 11 hours and 21 minutes.
  • nolachick
    Options
    This past week was pretty good. I succeeded in hitting over 2000 calories during each of the four days I went to the gym.

That puts me at 8166 calories in 11 hours and 21 minutes.

that's awesome, but holy crap I can barely make it to 2000 a week. Not that I'm trying to doubt you, but just make sure your height, age, and weight are correct on your HRM cuz wow, that almost seems humanly impossible. what kind of workouts do u do and for how long?

Well last week my calorie count was about 1650, forgot the time. I find that I am not able to workout for very long anymore without getting tired, or perhaps its the fact that i work out after work when I'm tired and hungry. what time do u guys workout for the best calorie burn?
  • cmw72
    Options
    that's awesome, but holy crap I can barely make it to 2000 a week. Not that I'm trying to doubt you, but just make sure your height, age, and weight are correct on your HRM cuz wow, that almost seems humanly impossible. what kind of workouts do u do and for how long?

All my personal settings are correct in my HRM. It's a Polar FT-60, so I'm fairly confident in it's assessment. Also, take in to consideration that I'm still packing around quite a bit of extra weight, so just by default I burn more calories than an average-sized person.

I go to the gym four nights a week, and I'm usually there for 3-4 hours at a stretch. My usual routine is roughly 80 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill, 30 minutes of circuit training, 60 minutes of swimming laps. I'll work out on the elliptical or treadmill until I hit at least 1000 calories (time permitting), and If I've got time and energy, I'll try to burn off a couple hundred more. Then I'll do my circuit / strength training, which take me about half an hour and clocks in around 300 - 350 calories. My basic routine is Ab Coaster for a minute, running on the treadmill for a minute, lift something heavy, repeat. After that I hit the pool. I find I burn about 100 calories for every 10 minutes I spend swimming laps. I can burn more faster depending on the stroke, but that's the average. The gym closes at 10:00 and many nights I'm still in the pool at 9:50, furiously trying to burn off those last few calories to get me over 2000 for the day.

After I get home from the gym, I upload all the data to the Polar website. Here's a screen shot of my workouts from last week:
    polar.jpg

Edit: It seems MFP is cutting off part of the image. Sunday is there, it's just not being displayed. Here's a link to the full image: http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz92/cmw72/polar.jpg
  • nolachick
    Options
    wow, I didn't know you were spending that much time working out. I feel like I'm losing my mind after 1hour. So congratulations on your progress and keep up the great work. That is something that's definately admirable - dedication and discipline.
    Two things I lack. I am glad to say that one of my group's fitness challenge this week is to have atleast 4 - 700 calorie workouts. It was hard but I was able to make it today.

Today I pushed myself to meet the High Heels & Fishnets goal of 700 calories.
    My workout consisted of:
    *Turbo Jam -20min workout
    *Turbo Jam - Turbo Sculpt
    *Leslie Sansone - Walk the miles for 1.5miles

not too bad, will try this again on Thursday. Hopefully I'll make it to atleast 700 - 3x this week. And I'll be happy.
  • nolachick
    Options
    ps. I didnt even know u cud upload ur data online nor do I know how to do it, so kudos for being so technology -savvy.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey guys! not sure if everyone is still checkin in here but here goes:

1.5down this week, 5hours and 30mins worked out, 3265 calories burned!

woo hoo! damn proud of myself if I can say so. I pushed myself very hard cuz I knew if u guys were burning those crazy amount of calories, I shud try harder and it payed off.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • cmw72
    Options
    woo hoo! damn proud of myself if I can say so. I pushed myself very hard cuz I knew if u guys were burning those crazy amount of calories, I shud try harder and it payed off.

Awesome job!

I think it might just be us at this point. :frown:

Despite attending Zumba class three times this week, I managed to not hit my goal of 8000 calories. Had a lot going on for the holiday weekend and didn't make it to the gym today as planned. I also forgot to bring my swimming transmitter to the gym one night, so I wound up just playing around in the pool with my daughter for 45 minutes which, I have to admit, was more fun than swimming laps. :smile:

I wound up burning 7070 calories in 10 hours and 16 minutes.
  • nolachick
    Options
    guess its just us. thats ok. u alone motivate me enough with all that calorie burning! holy crap. Last night my workout was very sh*tty, I walked for 20mins and burned maybe 150 cals. I just didnt have any energy left in me what so ever. it was one of those days that it wud have payed off to give myself rest and be ready to take it on today but I tried to push myself and it didnt work. Hopefully today I'll get something done right. I already told my bf if it's raining outside and we can't go ride our bikes, we gotta do a p90x workout. I haven't done it in a year so I know I'll be pretty rusty. wish me luck!
  • cmw72
    Options
    Good luck with that!

Hopefully someday I'll be at a point where I can even consider doing P90X. gym.gif
  • nolachick
    Options
    well we only did the abs dvd for p90x last night. holy crap it hurts to laugh. lol. ouch.
    i'm just burnt out this week from lack of sleep. will try again tonight to burn 400minimum.
  • sycorreale
    sycorreale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've got to get a heart rate monitor (HRM). I'm pretty new to MFP but I've been pretty good about logging everything. Still trying to pick up on all the acronyms. I've been at a 5 lbs loss for 2 weeks now. I think I need to burn more calories. I really like the goal of 3600 a week for me.
  • nolachick
    Options
    I'm in! I've got to get a heart rate monitor (HRM). I'm pretty new to MFP but I've been pretty good about logging everything. Still trying to pick up on all the acronyms. I've been at a 5 lbs loss for 2 weeks now. I think I need to burn more calories. I really like the goal of 3600 a week for me.

welcome! do whats best for you, I know I usually struggle to get to 3000 but thats when I've seen the biggest loss.

Good luck!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100002-360-minutes-a-week-exercise-challenge

Hey, I was on this topic and then it just kind of died...I've started a new one for 360 minutes of exercise per week if you would like to join
  • nolachick
    Options
    oh wow, I dont think I have that much time to invest in working out. I will surely try it tho!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    The point is to count all your activity...change habits from driving to walking or bike riding...start a garden, walk a neighbors' dog, walk on your break at work
  • cmw72
    Options
    I burned 6089 calories in 11:46. Unfortunately, my FT60 has decided I need a rest week. I don't see that happening anytime soon.