Eat This-Not That

Options
:tongue: I am a lover of food!!! I don't over eat, it's what I eat that seems to be the problem. I love fast food and sweets and fried anything. So I have started to slowley but surely been changing not exactly what I eat but the kind of product that I pick. I want to start something simple where people can post their YUMMY finds for everyone to try. Taste is so important and sodium intake. It seems like the so called "healthy" selections are hiked up on sodium.

Here is what I found so far....

Bread-Nature's Own Light Honey Wheat=80 calories for TWO slices. And it is an actuall size piece of bread. :tongue:

Hot Dogs-Ball Park bun sized Smoked White Turkey Franks=45 calories for one. Just had two for lunch with my bread and it is really filling!!!

Mayo-Kraft Free Mayo=10 calories for 1 Tbsp. It is really creamy and taste like mayo :smile:

Chocolate-Fudgecicle No sugar 40 Calorie bars. Helps with the sweet tooth and taste better then the fatty ones. SCORE!!!! :love:

Cheese-Kraft fat free american cheese=25 calories per slice-taste like good ole cheese to me :happy:

Let me know what you find.

Good luck and Keep Moving!!!

Replies

• CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    :heart: ur idea

I like Laughing Cow cheese spreed 35 cals per wedge
    w/ whole wheat Ritz crackers 70 cals for 5 crackers or 140 for 10... Good snack for less then 300 calories

Dannon Light and Fit yogurt 80 calories per 6oz cup :heart: the Strawberry Cheesecake flavor they have a lot of other awesome flavors as well.
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Original flavor Triscuits for that Laughing Cow cheese. Read the ingredients...nothing scary at all! I try to stay away from things like high-fructose corn syrup. Even things labeled "healthy" like to sneak that one in.
  • aubrey49
    aubrey49 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the fat free sour cream from Hy Vee - and I use salsa on my Southwestern Egg Beaters (they're awesome) - with a sprinkle of fat free mozarella cheese. Splenda (in moderation) is another secret.

I have lots of tips, but that's all I can think of for now.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Back to Nature organic stoneground wheat crackers - vs. Wheat Thins or Triscuits.

Back to Nature - serving size is 5 crackers for 70 calories - I think Wheat Thins fiber selects (my old favorite) was 14 for 120-140 calories....

The Back to Nature crackers are heartier, waaaay tastier, and have no transfat or hydrogenated oils. I'm hooked. (And, I find that one serving of 5 crackers usually is enough.) Amazing.
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    Rita's Italian Ice now has fat free custard!!!! I can get an almost guilt free Gelati. MMMMM, can't wait :love: