Looking for new ideas with SALMON

Options
RejoicingL
RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
I have a huge plank of salmon thawed for dinner tonight. Looking for new ideas that my family will love.

We usually just eat it with rice and soy sauce. It is fresh not canned, and it is a great beautiful piece, so I'd hate to flake it up. Is there a way to dress it up some?

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Posted this on another thread earlier today... I made this recipe last night:

3 T dijon mustard
    3 T balsamic vinegar
    1 T sugar free maple syrup
    1/4 t salt
    1/8 t black pepper

Mix it all up and spoon over top of the salmon. I baked mine on 450 for 10 mins. I had a thin fillet (a little thicker than 1/2 inch) so you may need to cook yours a little longer. You can adjust the mustard if you don't like a strong mustard flavor. I thought it was quite yummy :smile:
  • MJackson54
    Options
    I sprinkle salmon with lemon pepper and salt. cover it with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees until it is flaky, YUM!!!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    -Whole egg
    -Almonds
    -Sweet potato
    -Spices of choice

Separate an egg white from the yolk. Mix the white in a bowl with spices of your choice (I like ginger, black pepper and lemon/lime juice). Dip the salmon into the white, coating the whole thing in it. Then crush some almonds into chunks and sprinkle it over them.

Also, slice a sweet potato into wedges and coat with the egg yolk. Works better than olive oil, IMO. Garnish it with seasonings - like paprika, Cajun or something.

Put both of these in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Tada! Fish and chips. The almond crust gives the salmon a delicious crunch.
  • tmickens1
    Options
    A SPLASH OF RED WINE OF ANY KIND
    1 WHOLE LEMON SQUEEZED AND USE RINDS
    2 TBSP OF HOT SALSA
    HONEY (DRIZZLE)
    INCLUDE ANY OTHER SPICES OF YOUR LIKING (SEASONING SALT, PEPPER, PARIKA, GARLIC, LEMON PEPPER)
    BAKE FOR 20 MINS OR UNTIL FLAKY
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another thread, but I think your family will love it! :)

Take a ziploc bag and toss in 2 teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce, a 1/2 tablespoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Put a couple (or more!) salmon filets in the bag and marinate them for 10 mins or so, turning it over a few times.

Spray a non-stick pan (or grill or GF grill or whatever) with some cooking spray, pop the salmon on for 5-6 mins per side until they flake.

While that is cooking, peel and cut a mango into small cubes, a kiwi into small pieces, a little bunch of fresh cilantro and chop it up, and 1/4 cup of orange juice. Mix it all in a bowl.

When the fish is done, plate it and top it with the mango salsa. Easy, healthy, and delicious.

P.S. My recipe is for two huge filets (8oz each), so adjust the nutritional info accordingly. Enjoy!

photo_zps3e62e947.jpg

salmon-1_zps6ba92dc7.jpg
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I chop fresh rosemary and put it on top with some olive oil, salt & pepper, and lemon juice and then grill it skin side down for a few minutes. I never even flip it. It looks beautiful and it's incredibly delicious and simple.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another thread, but I think your family will love it! :)

Take a ziploc bag and toss in 2 teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce, a 1/2 tablespoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Put a couple (or more!) salmon filets in the bag and marinate them for 10 mins or so, turning it over a few times.

Spray a non-stick pan (or grill or GF grill or whatever) with some cooking spray, pop the salmon on for 5-6 mins per side until they flake.

While that is cooking, peel and cut a mango into small cubes, a kiwi into small pieces, a little bunch of fresh cilantro and chop it up, and 1/4 cup of orange juice. Mix it all in a bowl.

When the fish is done, plate it and top it with the mango salsa. Easy, healthy, and delicious.

P.S. My recipe is for two huge filets (8oz each), so adjust the nutritional info accordingly. Enjoy!

This recipe looks delicious! I'm going to try it next week for sure!
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    I marinate salmon in Chubby's Grillmaster BBQ Sauce (more of a glaze than a sauce) or World Harbors Jamaican Jerk sauce overnight, then pull it out and let all of the extra sugary water drip off before dry grilling or broiling. Yummo!
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump\
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    barbecue it on the grill.

Message me if you need a recipe
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    (2 small steaks, 8oz combined) Salmon, sear in pan with PAM, then chop it up into small pieces. Slowly add 1/4 c. fat free half and half, a tbs fat free cream cheese, and 1/4 c. almond milk. Mix in garlic, italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Serve over whole wheat pasta. (sprinkle a little parm if desired.) It is rich and creamy. Serving: 2 person (incl 1c of wheat pasta each) approx 450 calories.
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    These all sound great! Thank you!