Is it normal to still be hungry all the time?

Options
2»

Replies

• EmHorn4
    EmHorn4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I usually like to get some good workouts in like you do, and I try to lead an active lifestyle BUT - when it comes to my job and living my daily life, it is by nature "sedentary" because I have a desk job. So, my daily goals start at square one, and as I conciously document my exercise into MFP, it allows me the correct amount of additional calories based on what I burned.

I saw that you said you put your lifestyle as very active - I would equate this to a construction worker, or a full time side-along fitness trainer....
    Maybe reassess what your daily life is like without the concsious inclusion of exercise (Insanity), and start there. That will actually decrease how many calories you should be intaking regular to lose weight. Maybe something like light or moderate activity, based on how you keep up with your child and if this is something you do all day long? (And if its not something you do all day long, do the sedentary lifestyle + log this as exercise and earn those cals back, woot!)

I currently eat 1200 calories a day, and always try to include protein in each meal and snack. Amazingly, that really keeps all hunger at bay - just have to make the right choices that will keep you feeling full for longer...like peanutbutter, yogurt, deli meat, or nuts! Good luck!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I took on the advice from you guys and upped my protein last week and I was definitely fuller throughout the day without sacrificing my calorie count. I was quite happy overall and kept hunger pain at bay. I also lost 2lbs by the end of the week so happy me!

If I choose a sedentary lifestyle, it will significantly reduce my calories intake and I know for a fact I cannot function on 1200kcal a day. I'm on 1700kcal now and it's been good so I'm going to try to keep eating more protein than carbs (but not cutting out carbs, I love them too much!).

Thanks for all the help!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Have you considered having fewer, bigger meals? Regular small meals suit some people, but I miss the feeling of being full.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low-LOW carb diet, so I don't ever feel hungry.

But before this diet (that requires lots of water to flush out those ketones), I used to confuse hunger with thirst.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If I was eating 1700 cals a day i'd be hungry all the time to....
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I would have this problem, I'd eat lunch and then a couple of hours later I'd be hungry, then by the time I got home I'd be ravenous and munching on half a packet of biscuits while I waited for dinner to cook. No amount of healthy snacks between lunch and dinner seemed to help.

I read here that protein fills you up, so now I have a large chicken breast with a hard-boiled egg and a salad, and that will satisfy me till dinner. Would never have thought that a chicken salad would fill me up, but it does.

Seriously, eat more protein and healthy fats.