First Bikini EVER

Options
I just purchased my first bikini ever. I'm 48 years old and have never owned one. I decided that I'm going to wear this thing this summer. Now that I'm less than 10 pounds from my final goal I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

When I started this journey, I told my best friend that if I can get from size 18 jeans to size 6 jeans, I may just consider buying a bikini. Well...she's holding me to it, she has a memory like an elephant. I'm scared to death of put this thing on, even in the privacy of my own bedroom, so I don't know how I'm EVER going to get out in public with this thing.

The good thing is I can buy a little time...the weather is still cold here in Washington. I'll let you know when the big event actually happens....:blushing:

Replies

• neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I just purchased my first bikini ever. I'm 48 years old and have never owned one. I decided that I'm going to wear this thing this summer. Now that I'm less than 10 pounds from my final goal I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

When I started this journey, I told my best friend that if I can get from size 18 jeans to size 6 jeans, I may just consider buying a bikini. Well...she's holding me to it, she has a memory like an elephant. I'm scared to death of put this thing on, even in the privacy of my own bedroom, so I don't know how I'm EVER going to get out in public with this thing.

The good thing is I can buy a little time...the weather is still cold here in Washington. I'll let you know when the big event actually happens....:blushing:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Ah that is awesome!!! :drinker:
    You wear that bikini and wear it proud. You've worked hard and deserve the positive attention.

Work it girl!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    How exciting!!!! Put that bikini on, and wear it proud!

From your profile pics, looks like you are in fine form to wear it right now!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Be proud of what you've accomplished and wear that bikini!

In a little while you'll even need to change your screen name! :laugh:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is amazing. I wore a bikini on Spring Break this last week and after seeing pictures I realized how much weight I truly gained after having my first child... I now have the inspiration to drop a lot of weight.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is amazing. I wore a bikini on Spring Break this last week and after seeing pictures I realized how much weight I truly gained after having my first child... I now have the inspiration to drop a lot of weight.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You are going to look & feel fierce girl!!!
    Work that suit.... WORK IT, WORK IT!!!!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, I'm sure you're gonna look great! Take lots of pictures, we wanna see! :)
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    You go, girl!

:drinker:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Make it a string bikini and be fierce!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :love:
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! The though of a bikini briefly crossed my mind, but I'd be too shy even if I was a 6. Wear it for all of us!:laugh:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys. Like I said, it's still cold here in Washington so you'll have to wait for the pictures. I'm getting even more scared at the thought of it, but also excited. I just wished that I had done so well with the weight loss when I was a little younger and cuter, but I promise to all of you and I will do you proud and work it...for all of you (my friends). :drinker:

Be patient, the weather has to get a little warmer.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Younger and cuter.....are you kidding me!!!! you're a diva!!!! :wink:

wear that bikini proud like every is tellin you and you remember 40 is the new 20....I mean come on some of the hottest chicks on tv are our ages! lol...now work it! lol....well when its warmer, I don't want ya to catch a cold now...:ohwell: LOL

hugs!
    Ali