Correct way to Count Carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• JulieBengt
    Options
    That worked for me. Lucky loosing 7 pounds got me out of pre-diabetes, but I still have much weight to loose! I continue trying smaller meals throughout the day . . . meals, not snacks.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just read about that in Bob Harper's The Skinny Rules book. I've never paid much attention to fiber in the past but now I"m going to start. I like the idea because otherwise fruit makes the carb count sky-rocket. If you can subtract the fiber, it doesn't seem so bad when you have bananas, apples, and berries in your diet for the day.
  • JulieBengt
    Options
    I agree. Once I cut out processed food my blood turned around. If contents indicate more than five items, or words I don't know, I don't buy it.
  • JulieBengt
    Options
    I've had to watch the sugar in the fruit, size of fruit. The "Little Cuties" work well but I must pass on grapefruit, pineapple and grapes [ouch!] . . . makes me very sleepy. So I eat half a banana in the morning over dry oatmeal . . . cheaper and chewy. Up early to feed the cats, I'll eat white from boiled egg. Curbs hunger till I can sit down for breakfast. . .Bananas are high in potasium, so I weigh that against the sugar and avoid the very ripe.