PX90 Calories

Options
Does/has anyone had success in accounting for the calories burnt in any of the PX90 work-outs?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You can buy a Heart rate monitor to get an accurate count. I don't have one so I log the resistance training under "circuit training", Plyometrics as "Aerobics, High Impact", and Kempo as "shadow boxing". Hope this helps.
  • chickylet
    chickylet Posts: 76
    Options
    I used a heart rate monitor to count my calories. If you get one, the ones with the chest strap are the best because it's reading your heart rate all the time and gives you an accurate count. The one I have is a Timex and it has done a good job.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I count mine...just started though...Kenpo X was like 560 or something and yesterday chest/back was like almost 410 if I remember correctly

But, you really need a heart rate monitor to get an exact count (with a chest strap) because everyones body is different
  • scottekohl
    Options
    In the p90 literature they say each exercise round is designed to burn approximately 600 calories - assuming you "bring it" with the right intensity. In myfitness pal I only record the exercises as burning 400 cal because I know the 600 is an estimate. At 400 I know I won't eat too much during the day. I'm in week 10 of p90. I started out at 204 and I'm down to 186.3lbs. and starting to look lean. Good luck!
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have a HR monitor, and I'm definitely glad I did because I would have been severely overestimating the number of calories I burn every workout. I'm a 5'5" female who's already fairly fit, and I burn between 200-500 calories depending on which workout I do. I would not be happy to be eating my calories from a 600 calorie workout when I only burned 200! :smile: