Approaching Wedding Date + Weight Loss

Options
alamarana2885
alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
Hello people!!

So, I'm getting married this May (EEE!! so excited!:love: ) and am still in need of a wedding dress. I'm on this site to loose weight to be healthy for the day I have kids as well as the usual "I wanna be smokin on my wedding day" reason as well as the "we're going to be sitting on a Jamaican beach for a week" reason. I've lost a little so far and hope to loose a lot more before the big day, but that's not really a guarantee (who knows what will happen between then and now).

The Question: How close to the wedding should I get before I actually buy a dress? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Hello people!!

So, I'm getting married this May (EEE!! so excited!:love: ) and am still in need of a wedding dress. I'm on this site to loose weight to be healthy for the day I have kids as well as the usual "I wanna be smokin on my wedding day" reason as well as the "we're going to be sitting on a Jamaican beach for a week" reason. I've lost a little so far and hope to loose a lot more before the big day, but that's not really a guarantee (who knows what will happen between then and now).

The Question: How close to the wedding should I get before I actually buy a dress? :flowerforyou:

If you were to follow a 2 lbs per week plan, you should be at least 30 lbs lighter by May +/-. Many Bridal Expos and shows are showcased this month around the USA, so I see no reason why you can' t shop for a dress now. IF you chose to buy one, you may always have it altered before the your wedding day. Just remember, many bridal salons charge per hour for alterations. On that note, it is better to buy a dress for your current size which is easily taken in VS buying a smaller dress that can only be adjusted one size up, if that.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If you need to order a dress, you should start shopping now. It takes months to get a wedding dress; 5-6 months is a pretty normal wait for one.

If you plan to buy one off the rack, allow a month or so for alterations, keeping in mind that May is probably a pretty busy time for a seamstress working on wedding dresses.

Congratulations!
  • ghiagirl893
    ghiagirl893 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my dress today, and am getting married early May. I fit in the 12 at the store, just barely, and the sales person told me that the dresses get pretty stretched out from how many times they are tried on. I decided to order the 14. The dress would not be ready until 7 days after my date. So I ordered the 12! Point being, you should go pick out a dress now.

I have lost about 20 pounds, and have barely gone down one pants size. It varies for many people, but if you have been loosing slowly, I would assume for safety that you would continue at the same rate or less (stress!). Your dress size will not likely be a different size, and they can alter it for you closer to your wedding date to fit you perfectly.

My BMs all fit well into 3 different sizes, even of the same dress. I would go now and get what fits you now.
  • lostinureyes17
    lostinureyes17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What day are you getting married in May? My date is the 25th!