Jillain Michaels plan...

Options
so has anyone tried the Jillain Michael's 14 week jumpstart plan? the first week is detox, and you take 2 in the morning and 2 at night for the 1st week. the second week you take 1 probiotic pill and 1 (or 2, cant remember) fat burning pills. you have to have a healthy eating plan and exercise regularly, of course. any input would be helpful.

Replies

• jljune
    jljune Posts: 59
    Options
    You might want to do some research online about that product. Jillian was recently sued by a couple of women claiming that they did not lose weight on pills that she endorsed. I am not sure if that is exactly the product or not. I DO know that Jillian's 30 day shred video will kick your a**!!!!! I just did the first 2 levels and I am TIRED. I would definitely describe myself as in shape and fit. I have lost about 70 pounds in the last year and just would like to get a few more pounds off so I though 'hey this will just be another workout' but boy was I WRONG!! Check it out! People have even said they didn't diet and lost pounds and inches using the video.

My opinion on supplements other than a multi-vitamin is that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.....

Good Luck!
    297714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fitforitaly
    fitforitaly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that started that about a week ago. She took the detox pills for 3 days and for 2 of those she had massive diarrhea. She lost 6 1bs in those 3 days but had to stop the pills. I think the loss was water weight from being dehydrated. I do think you should do more research on the product before starting it.
  • Audry
    Audry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    As Jillan says in her commercials using the product ALONG with a healthy eating & exersice plan you will see results...the people sueing Jillian are lazy fat bums just wanting an easy dollar. All they did was take the pills/drink & not change anythng in thier unhealthy lifestyle. Therefore they are just trying to ruin an AMAZING persons life because they didn't get a "quick-fix" to thier wieght problems - I bet if they get any money from this they will use it to get lipo or gastric bypass surgery so they can get thier "quick-fix" then when that fails them because they have not changed thier unhealthy lives they will be back at their "fat-depressed-missirible" lives

sorry about the rant - but some people need ot take responsibility for themselves & thier actions & quit blamming others that they are fat
  • brielilli
    brielilli Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, I am on day 10 of the 14 days . I have lost 4 lbs. But here is the thing. Like with any pills or program. You have to eat healthy and exersize. Since i started i have not tried to over do the work out and I am taking it slow. healthier foods and keeping track of portions. I am not using it as my only form of weight loss but in conjuction with a change for the better. If you read to package it lets you know that they do not garuntee that you will loose weight and that if you are not satisfied you can return it to the store of purchase. For the price you paid. It says it on the package!!! So reading is good. But Dieting is work and you cannot loose weight with out work. 3500 cal you need to burn to loose a pound. A combination of a lower calorie diets exersize and some extra support ok. I like it because it is a natural product and better for the body to process the harsh chemicals. So watch for claims of a miracle pills and make your own call. Good luck .
    I have also heard that the 30 Shred is god and will kick you butt but it is a good workout.

So with any detox one of two can happen. You can have a problem passing your bowels and will need a stool softener or you will be very productive. You pass the stuff built up in your body through your bowels so it is very improtant not to keep it in there.So make sure you drink plenty of water and eat do not starve your self that will defeet the purose. Eat healthy. Whole. grains, vegatales,fruits, lentals, beans, choose good fats and lean meats, nuts. If you do not feel right and get sick. Stop and talk with your doctor.
  • jenners22
    jenners22 Posts: 91
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is one of my heros. When I saw the she was endorsing a weight loss pill...it hurt me soooo bad. I always looked at her as an all natural, pain is fear leaving the body, you can do it type....pills make things worse. Some of the side effects can mess with your heart.

I have an aunt who died from taking FDA approved weight loss pills. Pills are bad. I wouldn't recommend doing it. My sister in law used the jillian one because she is always constipated. It helped her with bowel movements (but she had bad stomach pains and diarhhea). She started the second week and she would shake so bad, she couldn't even take notes in chemistry.

I would say...stay away from pills.
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    alright thank you so much everyone!