Why are brothers so mean?

Options
I've been working out lately, and I flexed my biceps and said to my boyfriend, "Hey, look! I'm getting muscle!"

And my brother said, "And stretch marks everywhere!"

Seriously, it made me want to cry. I'm so sensitive about my stretch marks. How could someone be such an insensitive jerk? This isn't the first time he's said something like that.

Ugh...sorry for complaining here.

Replies

• cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Mine's gotten nicer as I've gotten older. But I still refer to him as my "bother, er brother".

Be mean right back. That's the only way they get it.
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    He's obviously not very mature. My brother would never say something like that to me (he's 33). In fact, my brother is one of my main cheerleaders.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Sisters can be mean too...my younger sister is very fit and healthy...she used to come over and say stuff like, "hey...what up fatty mcfatterson!" Actually, she just did it to motivate me in her own twisted little way. Now she's one of my biggest cheerleaders and has helped me immensely along the way.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Cultural legacy of slavery
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    How old is he?
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    My brothers used to put a sleeping bag over my body and throw me around for hours. Consider yourself lucky.
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    How old are you?

I'm 19 and he's almost 21 -___- That's why I don't understand why he acts like that.
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    My brothers used to put a sleeping bag over my body and throw me around for hours. Consider yourself lucky.

He was like that when we were little. He used to beat me to a pulp for the hell of it, haha.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    My brother used to pin me down and drool on my face, and in the unfortunate event that I had my mouth open.....*shudders* you don't even want to know.
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    My brother used to pin me down and drool on my face, and in the unfortunate event that I had my mouth open.....*shudders* you don't even want to know.

Eeeeew...I'd rather have a punch to the face, I think.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

LOL
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    How old are you?

I'm 19 and he's almost 21 -___- That's why I don't understand why he acts like that.

Because he's an asshat. :drinker:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Want me to beat him up for you? I totally will.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

GONE.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    That's what brothers are for....I'd trade ya mine.

When I would sneak out my brother would get up to close and lock my window. He then would wrote a note saying, "Mom and dad are gonna kill you" and tape it to the door. :P
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

When I would sneak out my brother would get up to close and lock my window. He then would wrote a note saying, "Mom and dad are gonna kill you" and tape it to the door. :P
    I'm sorry, but your brother was awesome!
  • Andreinne
    Options
    Don't worry, apparently, all brother's are like that....especially older brothers. At 21, he's still pretty young and immature. Mine was pretty much the same. Just ignore him, or insult him, whichever. He'll mature eventually, and one day, you'll find out he was always very protective of you, in his own retarded way....:ohwell:
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but your brother was awesome!

And that will cause you to get slapped! Bring it on!! Lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Dudes joke around in general. Just the other day one of my clients had broken his leg and when I saw him at the gym I said "what's up gimpy?"
    My female co worker looked horrified that I said it. Then her mood changed once she saw that we were both cracking up discussing the injury. I even said "if you don't like to train legs, all you had to do was tell me!" More laughter.

I think women in general just take it a little more personal than men do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition