Looking for some support

Options
Been a member here for a couple weeks now. I am looking for some girls I can relate to and be eachothers support.
A bit about me.
I am 27, I live in B.C. Canada I am married (4 years) and I have a 2.5 year old boy. I work full time and sit at a desk ALL day. I love food... and thats my problem. I always crave carbs. I have a lot of Italian in me so I grew up on pastas and breads. mmm...
At the moment I weigh 161 lbs. I would like to weigh 130 lbs but I havent seen those numbers on the scale for MANY years. I am fine with losing about 20lbs. Any extra would be a bonus.
I don't really have the support in my life. I am a fulltime working mother of a busy 2 year old so I don't have many friends, and my family are all fine being fat as long they dont have to give up their pastas. lol. I am the type who needs motivation and encouragement. So if you are in the same boat as me then lets help eachother out! I have a goal and I intend to reach it!

My plan so far is a 1200cal diet and I am working out 3 times a week (I would like it to be more)

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267
    Options
    sounds like we have much in common...other than the fact that i live in the desert!!! i am 28 and have a 1.5 year old son...i started at 167 and am working my way down to 130. friend me if you'd like...i'm on here daily!!!

emily
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie,

I'm not anywhere near your age but I know you will find a good support group here. Browse the message boards and you will be sure to find others around your age and with similar circumstances.

Keeping a food diary will help you out a lot. Measure, measure, measure. You can be eating healthy things but if you are eating too much you will gain.

I did, however, weigh at about the same starting weight as you when I started my weight loss journey a few years back. I lost around 30, gained 20 back but have now gotten 10 of that back off. I'm learning that it is truly a life style change and if you start making good and better choices now it will be easier to lose now than when you are in your 50s like me.

I hope you have a good day making good choices and that you will find the support you need here.

Cindy
  • sydney91
    sydney91 Posts: 29
    Options
    I am 19, have a 4 month old and only work part time while taking college classes which includes a lot of sitting.
    Cheese is my weakness and I am extremely unmotivated to exercise. I will do it for a few days and just stop. It's hard to go work out with a 4 month old, I'm sure you know.
    I am looking for some motivation to keep on exercising.
    I am currently at 139 lbs and I am working my way to 110-115. My wedding is in July, and I hope to be at least 120 by then.
    Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have kids yet but I do sit at a desk all day and I LOVE food. I love really good food which most of the time that kind of "good" food is not good for me. I have about 10 more pounds to lose till my goal weight. I know what you mean about not having much support. My boyfried loves food more than I do. He could stand to loose 15 lbs or so too but he's not dedicated enough to change his diet. Its hard to watch him eat all the food I love while I'm sitting there trying to eat chicken and veggies. My parents are both very very thin but it's b/c they don't eat much at all. My mom will have a cookie for breakfast and a bowl of cereal for dinner. I've tried to explain to her that it's not good for her to eat that way but I don't think she really cares. She says she forgets to eat most days. I definitely DON'T have that problem. So its hard to go home b/c she pushes sweets at me all the time, which I will add are my biggest weakness!!!

Well you can friend me too and I'll try to be there any time you need support! This process of getting healthy is definitely easier with the support of others on that same mission!
  • Anita68
    Anita68 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi There!
    I've just been on this website for a few days and find it very helpful. I really need to put some info up on my profile but here's a bit about me...
    I also live in Canada (Oakville, Ontario about 30 minutes away from Toronto). I am 42 and have a 13 year old and a 9 year old. I've been trying to lose the same 5-10 pounds for the last 8 years!!! So frustrating! My background is also Italian and my family tends to be on the heavy side as well. I've always been a chubby person (my whole life...gotta love those pastas).
    It would be great to support eachother...add me as a friend if you like.
    Good luck!!
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    Hi, I'm 24 years old have a 5 year old son, I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. My son is basically my life. Most of my friends are skinny so they don't know what it's like to have to lose weight. They also don't have a kid. I work full time, full time single mom. I'm working on getting to about 160. I'm 6 feet all so that pretty skinny for me. Always willing to give words of encouragement. So add me as a friend if you like. Good luck with your journey.
  • stevenic
    stevenic Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi emily, my name is steve, I have just joined this site, I live in england, you say that you live in the desert, which one is it. It must be very warm were you live, in england it is freezing at the minute.
    Anyway Emily I am hoping to lose weight just like yourself, I have tried numerous diets but failed. I havent that much weight to lose, but i just carnt seem to shift those last 2 stone. So i just hope we can help each other.

Steve
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I added all of you who responded.
    I almost gave up. I am loving this site. It's nice to know that you can ask for help and there are people who actually want to help. Good luck with all of your weight loss. Can't wait to get to know you and help eachother out on this tough journey.
  • brielilli
    brielilli Posts: 17
    Options
    hey. Emily my name is Brie I am 31 and have been married for 7 years and have a three year old son. I work as a social worker in New York state and am often behind my desk on the computer. When my husband met me I was 120lbs and was 220 two weeks ago. I am down 4 lbs but this is a big differance from those days. I am not looking to 120 again but shot fitting in a size 8 or a 10 would look realy good. My profile pic is me at a size 8/9. It is my ongoing visual goal. between my son and work and finding time with my husband . I am just tired and have troble finding the time to work out. Some coworkers and friends have joined the site and it is a big help to have people to talk with. Good luck.