Hungry all the time!!

Options
Hi I hope someone can give me some ideas please. 2 weeks ago I got the doctor to change my pill because of my moods,its helping but my appetie has increased greatly, I eat a meal and Im starving again soon after. I eat fruit with yougurt, rice cakes, crackers with cottage cheese for snacks, I try to drink loads of water, but nothing seems to fill that void. Its worse in the evenings when my baby goes to bed as Im just sitting around bored.

Basically Im just looking for some snack ideas that will help fill my belly, what do others eat??

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    The combination of whole grains, protein, and healthy fat can really satisfy and hold off hunger for a long time, I've found. Example: 1/2 cup old fashioned oats cooked with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter stirred in plus 1 tablespoon of raisins.
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Seeds are great it has lots of fat but is good fat, i personally love roasted and salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds )
  • BriHealthy150
    BriHealthy150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're actually hungry and not just eating out of boredom. But some filling low calorie snacks that I like are Chobani yogurts and Quaker rice cakes.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Fill every single meal with protein and fiber and eat every 3 hours and you won't be hungry.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Eat larger meals, my opinion on the matter. I don't snack. If I get hungry between meals I grab some water and/or coffee.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    200g cottage cheese and a banana is very filling, or even just the cottage cheese alone, followed with a hot drink.
    Eggs are also quite filling, especially duck eggs.
    Make sure your meals are satisfying, I find if a meal lacks the correct combination of protein, carbs and fats, I get hungry very quickly. you need to experiment and note what combinations leave you the least hungry.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've heard some people say protein or fat works best for them. Fiber tends to work best for me. If I get hungry between meals I eat a high fiber cereal like fiber one original (the one that look like rabbit food) One cup of fiber one and a half cup of skim milk it is 160 calories. On a per calorie basis, That seems to be the most filling thing for me. I've had some success with apples, too. Strangely enough, some of the low cal Campbell soups work, I assume because of the liquid intake.

One final thing- Time works for me to curb my hunger. I try to eat a reasonable portion. If I'm still hungry after that portion I try to wait 60-90 minutes before eating anything else. It takes me that long for my body to register that "full" feeling.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Hi I hope someone can give me some ideas please. 2 weeks ago I got the doctor to change my pill because of my moods,its helping but my appetie has increased greatly, I eat a meal and Im starving again soon after. I eat fruit with yougurt, rice cakes, crackers with cottage cheese for snacks, I try to drink loads of water, but nothing seems to fill that void. Its worse in the evenings when my baby goes to bed as Im just sitting around bored.

Basically Im just looking for some snack ideas that will help fill my belly, what do others eat??

Nuts or seeds. Aim to get plenty of fibre, protein and healthy fats daily, what you eat even as far back as breakfast can influence later cravings and hunger.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Make sure you're meals have proteins and fats for satiation and slow down on the processed carbs (crackers).
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what calories MFP has set for you?

Sometimes the calories set for you is too low, and the true cause of you wanting to chew legs off tables by nightfall.
  • deborahann1
    Options
    Hi, what you need to do is pair a carb with a protein. Have a orange with a boiled egg, apple with a couple of cheese sticks, two triscuit crackers with a slice of cheese on both or some lean turkey or ham. The cheese i buy is the cracker barrel or something like that so when you slice it, it will fit the cracker. They are small oblong blocks.
    Get on the internet and type in healthy snacks. If you're bored, that is surely going to get you in trouble. May not sound like fun but get up and so some excercise or find a hobby. Anything to have something to do. I'm sure you can find something.
    Try writing a book, put on some music and dance around to burn some calories. You can do it, i know.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hi, what you need to do is pair a carb with a protein. Have a orange with a boiled egg, apple with a couple of cheese sticks, two triscuit crackers with a slice of cheese on both or some lean turkey or ham.

^^^ This. It's exactly what my doctor told me to do. It's been working well, and is stopping the neverending cycle of spiking and dropping blood sugar issue I've been battling.

And drink 16 ounces of water and see if you're still hungry. I'm finding that "hungry" sometimes means thirsty.
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    youve lost 158 pounds. WOW good for you. thats awesome