Paleo, Juicing, Cleanse...HELP?

Options
I am wanting to jump back into better eating habits. What helps me most is to do something very strict at first and then get back into just a clean eating way of life. I have heard GREAT things about paleo, but I don't know enough about it. I also was thinking maybe a juice cleanse or a raw diet for a couple days could help me start over.

Any ideas or suggestions or links I should know about? Any advice is appreciated. I know how to eat healthy, but for me I just need something to jump start my diet back into shape.

Replies

• moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just got a ninja blender a couple of weeks ago and I'm finding it awesomely helpful. You can just blend up water, tofu, chia seeds, coconut oil and assortment mostly green veggies and you feel amazing and satisfied. I blend 1-2 meals a day with this thing and it's helped get back on track with my weight-loss.
  • RLehotsky
    RLehotsky Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I juice for all my meals. I started 1/7/2012 and have lost four pounds already. Looking for juice ideas research Reboot with Joe. I found it very helpful as well as the five books I bought as I did a lot of research before investing in an expensive juicer.

Rhonda
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Just a question no judgement in any way... why would you want to juice all your meals? is it just easier to eat that way?

I have done a shake in the AM etc.. but I dont understand why juicing all your meals is beneficial.. Woud you have to continue this for the rest of your life or gain the weight back when you start eating solid foods?

I am being serious not rude in any way... Just trying to understand.. Please do not take this wrong.
  • kimberleymk25
    Options
    I did the Dr Oz 3 day juice cleanse & loved it! I had never done a cleanse before & was worried about how I would feel. I did have some headaches on day 2 but felt fantastic day 3 & lost 3 lbs...best of all cravings were gone. Info is on his website.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Paleo takes a while to figure out, and juices and cleanses are only useful for totally mucking up your digestive tract. Of the three things you suggested, the raw diet is probably the healthiest. In any event, the negative effects take much longer to set in, so you wouldn't be hurt by doing it just to kick things off. (The main issue with raw diets is that uncooked food is harder to digest and get nutrients from, especially since our digestive tracts have evolved to expect a lot of our food to be cooked.)
  • deeestrada
    Options
    I bought the Nutribullet and started juicing fruits and veggies. My goal was to give my nutrition a boost. Its so easy and now I am getting more than my daily requirements in with no problem.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am actually in the same boat and right now I am on Day 3 of a 3 day- modified juice cleanse. I got the idea from a fitness blogger I read "The Skinny Confidential".... basically its 3 days of juicing all day (totaling 64 oz.) and then at night you can have 6 oz. of protein + a bunch of veges (i.e. salad, steamed veges)! I made it through 2 days and I am feeling good. Already down like 4 pounds, but the reason I am doing it is to kick the bad habits, and not so much the weight because I know some of it will come back. I was just getting so used to eating crap, i needed to detox.

If you want more info about that, message me and Ill give you all the details!

Another thing I stumbled upon, which I found is AWESOME and I may even join in after I finish the 3 days is "7 lbs in 7 days" by The Juice Master. This is much more intense, it is only juices for 7 days. But he explains why it is so great and important to juice, like giving your body direct nutrients and giving your digestive system a rest. His story is amazing and if your looking for something new or want to research it Google : THE WORLDS BIGGEST JUICE CLEANSE. You'll find awesome videos and everything because its taking place as we speak!

Good luck!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to jump back into better eating habits. What helps me most is to do something very strict at first and then get back into just a clean eating way of life. I have heard GREAT things about paleo, but I don't know enough about it. I also was thinking maybe a juice cleanse or a raw diet for a couple days could help me start over.

Any ideas or suggestions or links I should know about? Any advice is appreciated. I know how to eat healthy, but for me I just need something to jump start my diet back into shape.

Run a search on 'cleanses' and 'detoxes' because a thread on one or the other comes up every single day - no scientific basis and can be detrimental to health. If you don't know enough about paleo read the book.

Jump start by clearing out your kitchen of crap, writing a shopping list and going to the store for a pile of healthy ingredients, if you have healthy wholefoods in your kitchen, car and desk drawer and don't carry cash you don't absolutely need you won't have access to or eat junk. Make it easy to be healthy and difficult to be unhealthy.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I am juicing to give myself Vitamin C bombs at the moment due to sinus yuck.

I like juicing and smoothies with veggies and fruits, especially when I have a sore throat and such like I do today. Right now I have no appetite and need to get some level of calories in my body.........so making some smoothies is helping with that.