BodyPump Chest Press Help!!!

Options
For some reason when I do the chest presses, I simply cannot feel it in my chest. By the end, the front of my shoulders are in terrible pain though. The class instructor has watched me, and gave me advice on my form multiple times but nothing helps. I try to keep my shoulders down and focus on squeezing my chest. . . but for some reason, the only thing that happens is shoulder burning.
Any advice out there?

Replies

• Arismar2022
    Arismar2022 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosticated Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
    When I was on my BodyPump class.... It was in pain on my arms and shoulders... I quit this class....
    I am not sure what is your issue...
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Maybe your chest is stronger than your shoulders. Not feeling it or being sore afterwards is not a good indicator of a workout that will or will not produce results.

And, do you mean the front shoulder muscle? Cause that is OK, but if it is something else, that might not be good.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Maybe your chest is stronger than your shoulders. Not feeling it or being sore afterwards is not a good indicator of a workout that will or will not produce results.

And, do you mean the front shoulder muscle? Cause that is OK, but if it is something else, that might not be good.

yes, it is my front shoulder. My teacher is acting like that is a big deal that I'm not feeling it there. I was wondering the same thing as you said though. I KNOW my shoulders are week, they always have been...so maybe in time they will catch up to my chest! :D