98% of people that diet FAIL!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mmenuey27
    mmenuey27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is depressing, and that's why I don't "diet" I simply make better choices than some. A lifestyle change is better than saying your dieting anyway....right
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    79% of statistics are fabricated

46% of people know that!

60% of the time it works every time!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    That statement is completely idiotic. Does this mean that only 2% of people actually eat????

Everyone is on some kind of diet, because your diet is what you eat.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    yes, DIETS don't work because some people starve themselves then end up getting sick of depriving themselves, putting it back on plus a little extra each time. Been there, done that.
    THEN I changed my lifestyle last year. Started walking every day, still eating plenty and most things including wine (in moderation). Lost over 20 kgs (44lbs) so far. This is a lifestyle change not a diet which is a four letter word!
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I no longer "diet". Lifestyle change is too big word for me I think.
    I still eat what I ate before BUT I watch how much I eat.
    It's a trade off - in order to lose weight I have to eat less and or exercise more.
    Since I have history of binge eating - eating less is actualy a good thing for me.
    I also never was a big fan or fast/junk food so I did not have to change my menu much.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that stat.. i think it is high..but not that high. don't believe everything you hear.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    But the other 50% succeed. ;)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Diet vs lifestyle change - it's merely semantics.
    As far as I'm concerned, 100% of everybody is "on a diet".
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That statement is completely idiotic. Does this mean that only 2% of people actually eat????

Everyone is on some kind of diet, because your diet is what you eat.

I suppose OP meant weight loss diet...
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is because they diet (read 1200 cals and crazy workouts) and have an end date in sight whereafter everything goes back to eating whatever, whenever and not moving...Quick results - both ways...
    Healthy living gives you slower results, a better (and sexier) body, and you can do it forever...(or at least until YOU stop functioning....

Thank you sooooo much for saying this!! :drinker:
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    83% of made up statistics use 83% as the statistic.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That's because they are on a DIET, they see it as temporary. I've changed my LIFESTYLE, that is permanent :flowerforyou:
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    MFP is not a diet to me it is a way of life
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    That's according to the doctor on ITV's weight loss ward, how depressing :-(

I also watched that last night. Like a previous poster said, don't diet. Diets restrict and who likes to be restricted? Not me...
  • Flossie1981
    Flossie1981 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Going on a diet implies a short term solution not a lifestyle change.....
  • ToriaStitch
    ToriaStitch Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That is because they diet (read 1200 cals and crazy workouts) and have an end date in sight whereafter everything goes back to eating whatever, whenever and not moving...Quick results - both ways...
    Healthy living gives you slower results, a better (and sexier) body, and you can do it forever...(or at least until YOU stop functioning....

Thank you sooooo much for saying this!! :drinker:

Well said, I'm not on a diet any more, I've changed mine and my families eating habits :flowerforyou:
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    427732_432348073499188_1458060042_n.jpg