School

Options
Is anyone else going back to school this week ?? I gained alot of the weight I'm currently working on loseing last semester so I've gotta be extra careful now with classes starting again. What are some things other students are doing to stay the course in their healthy lifestyle ???

Replies

• KSwatek
    KSwatek Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the dining hall. They use a lot of processed, canned foods to cut down on the cost of feeding numerous students. Super high in sodium and carbs. Cook as much as you can and pack healthy snacks for the day. Best of luck in going back to classes!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I have my first class of the semester tomorrow :) I'm pretty excited.
    When it warms up and the sidewalks aren't a slipping hazard I like to walk to school takes me about 15mins but I carry my 10lbs of books :P
    As well I go to the gym after work as well Bikram Yoga with my mom 1-2 a week.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I am returning to classes this week. It's a community college, so I don't have to worry about dorm food, but the temptation to hit up the fast-food in the cafeteria is going to require some working with!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    If your talking about living on campus.
    I lost so much weight living on campus. Most of the time I would sleep in, all afternoon classes.
    I guess the best tip I can give is pack a lunch, at UVIC they had paper bags and you could pack a lunch to bring that way I didn't have to go for hours with no food and make bad decisions when I was finally done all my classes.
    Walk everywhere, and take some time to explore do activities outside of uni.
    Almost everyday I would get on a bus and walk around downtown Victoria.
  • CorneliusRedmond
    CorneliusRedmond Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't live on campus but it's about an hour to walk there and back so that's at least a little bit of exercise each day. I never eat at school either, I pretty much just use the cafeteria for a coffee bar, haha. My biggest problem though is finding time to work out, with school and work I stay pretty busy. The time is definitely there it's just a matter of me utilizing it ya know. My classes are all afternoon classes too so I need to start getting up earlier and be more motivated.