Does anyone listen to music during their workout?

Options
I f you do listen to music while you work out, what kind? I always listen to music during my workout, it helps the time go faster. I like Heavy Metal Alternative music..Like Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Linkin Park, Korn, Breaking Benjamin, Fuel and a few others..:-) How about you?

Replies

• av0cad0
    av0cad0 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have to listen to music when I workout, or else I find it's more difficult to workout. Idk if others are this way too!
  • ladybowe
    Options
    Yes, I am one of those people who also has to have music for motivation. The louder more intense the better I work out, lol
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Lady, I listen to the same. I also like to listen to Five Finger Death Punch and In This Moment.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have similar thrash along with some classic rock, rap, Phish, real thrash metal, etc on my phone. I just start it on a shuffle and keep pausing\playing whenever I want to listen to it until some time comes along where I want to listen to specific songs.
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of the same running through my headphones too. Lately I've also added some Skrillex. Makes me run faster!
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! Every night I prepare a 45 min playlist for my walk the next day. I love music.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on another thread--I prefer hip hop type but I am loving some Disturbed, Hinder, Breaking Benjamin as well. The key for me is there has to be a mix and it has to be fast and intense or an awesome beat
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The thought of not listening to music while I workout is scary! I'd probably last 5mins. A lot of the cardio machines at my gym have their own TVs but I don't use them cuz I'd have a lame workout.
  • scrapladee
    Options
    i love to listen to music when I work out, makes it seem like its more fun....lol.....I like all kinds of music and try to pick some more upbeat tunes to get through the cardio.....
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If I'm running I have a "10-min mile" playlist which includes lots of different music with an upbeat tempo. I have a song or two from a lot of bands, but it's a lot of hip-hop, pop, and alternative. Although in the past when I'm running I've used language tapes, which have been awesome.

I have an "other exercise" playlist as well. This is where I put all the music I really like listening to at any one moment. Of Monsters and Men, Florence and the Machine, Subliminal (hip hop). etc.
  • TiTiGibbo
    Options
    I have to listen to music while working out on the elliptical machine, otherwise I don't seem to push myself. I listen to Popping music, as long as it has a fast tempo, I do well.
  • ladybowe
    Options
    I use elliptical as well...It would be so boring if I didn't listen to my music.
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    Machine Head!
  • ladybowe
    Options
    We need a like button on here.... :smile:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to listen to when I work out is rap, I think because so many rappers are super cocky and it makes me feel that way too :) Especially Kanye West! I listen to all kinds of music, but for some reason rock and metal (which is what I normally like) just dont motivate me the same as rap does when I am gettin my workout on ;)

And I do not work out any where NEAR as hard if I dont have my music playing! :)
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    oh yeah or I would not be able to workout hard. I listen to anything that keeps me moving. I dont think I would workout if I did not have music.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have Spotify and listen to running playlists. Also like the Triple J Hitlist (for the Aussies) as it updates automatically with current stuff.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    yes! all different kinds.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    techno!