Options
Just sayin'!

Replies

• Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Oh Really?
    2738011707_a8b7c29bdc.jpg
    The tangelo is a citrus fruit hybrid of tangerine and pomelo or grapefruit. Sometimes referred to as honeybells, tangelos are the size of an adult fist and have a tangerine taste. They generally have loose skin and are easier to peel than oranges.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Yes, I cannot wait to make smoothies with them! I bought a bunch of 2 varieties with two very unique tastes. One tastes like a really sweet juicy orange, the other like a juict tangerine. They are both awesome!! And the juicyness is... freaking awesome to say the least!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them! They're in season right now, so when I went grocery shopping they had 5 pound bags buy one get one free! I came home with 10 pounds of tangelos and my husband looked at me funny, but they're gone now!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love them and had a serious addiction to them. At one point my husband asked if he should run a tangelo all over his body
  • Topher1978
    Options
    I LOVE them! They're in season right now, so when I went grocery shopping they had 5 pound bags buy one get one free! I came home with 10 pounds of tangelos and my husband looked at me funny, but they're gone now!
    Nice! At Kroger's here, they had one variety at 3 for 2$ and another variety for 4 @ 2$. I bought 9 of one and 10 of the other. I am going to prep them and freeze them tonight when i get home from work! I may leave a few out to take for lunches because they are so good!!! Or I will go buy more!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    I love them and had a serious addiction to them. At one point my husband asked if he should run a tangelo all over his body
    Sweet sex!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've never seen it in a grocery store. And this is the first time I have ever heard of it... My favorite fruit ever is persimmon fruit.
    Oh and pomelos are pretty good too!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    I guess I would need to play with persimmons more.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Clementines are good too. And easy to peel and eat. Yum. Love Winter citrus.
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Oh yeah!! Had my share of clementines this year!! I did not get enough tangerines though. I still have enough for 2 or 3 smoothies in the freezer... Wallyworld has some left... but the good ones from Kroger are all dried up =(