Any Believers out there?

Options
Just wanted to know if you have any good motivational scripture that helps you get motivated to work out, get through a hard craving, anything like that.

I'm doing fab but its only day 2....

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Phillipians 4:13

Jeremiah 29:11

Sorry, have to take a conference call or I would print them out for you!!! But they are awesome!!
  • dorothytd
    Options
    More time now!

Philippians 4:13:
    “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”

Jeremiah 29:11:
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
  • rockstar4Him
    Options
    those are two of my favorites, I have them both memorized.

Today I was reading Romans 8 38-39

For i am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels, no rulers nor things present nor things to come nore powers, nor neight nor depth nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Holding tight to that today!
  • CynTX82
    CynTX82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I needed to read this!
    Philippians 4:13 has always been a favorite and I will be leaning on that for sure during this journey!
  • ELVENPRINCESS319
    Options
    I don't have any scriptures for you but....every morning I give Him the glory for a new day. At night I give Him the glory for helping me to stay on the right path and keeping my thoughts positive and motivated!! That is what helps me!
  • weapher
    weapher Posts: 12
    Options
    Psalm 37:4-5

Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
  • psalms257
    psalms257 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hebrews 12:11: "All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness."
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    More time now!

Philippians 4:13:
    “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”

Jeremiah 29:11:
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
    Thank you for these. Needed these now since I had a bad day yesterday but right back on track today and with a friend who offered a weekly support day during which we will workout while catching up.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I stopped believing

I wasn't supposed to, but I did.
  • Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, Rockstar

I would encourage you to join the group, Christians United it is very motivational and it helps me in my journey to associate with like minded ppl, living for Christ.

Hope it helps!!
  • ahodac
    ahodac Posts: 7
    Options
    Have you read Made to Crave? It's an awesome book, and she provides lots of scriptures in the book.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I stopped believing

tumblr_lqi3ovlC1x1qc07a7.gif
    tumblr_lqi3plT3ir1qc07a7.gif
    tumblr_lqi3q9xzSb1qc07a7.gif
    tumblr_lqi3qwgvQ61qc07a7.gif
    tumblr_lqi3rl9Qaa1qc07a7.gif
    tumblr_lqi3t07Kiw1qc07a7.gif
    tumblr_lqi3tjcWv31qc07a7.gif
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body[a] and in your spirit, which are God’s.

From 1 Corinthians 6. I figure God doesn't want me to be a mess and I owe Him some time to take care of what He gave me
  • dorothytd
    Options
    I stopped believing

No, DON'T STOP BELIEVING!!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I stopped believing

No, DON'T STOP BELIEVING!!

Winner winner chicken dinner /thread
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I stopped believing

Journey is going to so disappointed...just sayin'!!

cn_image_0.size.journey_don_t-thumb-220x207-67461-thumb-220x207-67462.jpg

To the OP....its not religious, but I always remind myself that you can't get the butt you want by sitting on it!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    That was a great flick with Martin Sheen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tlsmith718
    Options
    Believer here! Its only day 6 for me, but I am hanging in there! I struggle with wanting to look a certain way for others and I have had to re-think all of this...I am looking on the outside and seeing what the world sees instead of what God sees. Make sense? Anyway, Has anyone heard of "The Lord's Table"? Its a great tool and website (yes another website!!) to help with being focused on glorifying God, staying on track and being mentored by someone who has gone through the same thing! Great tool if its used!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I stopped believing

You can stop believing but Scripture tells us that you can't end your salvation. If you were ever saved, you are still saved. Romans 8:38-39: "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So, you are likely still saved. But that does not mean that you will be unashamed when you meet Him at the end of your life and have to account for your lack of obedience (people who "stop believing" are often just looking for a reason for their disobedience--I've been there). So why not seek Him like all wise men do? :smile: Sorry if I offended you.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." Leviticus 25:44-45

For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
    Leviticus 20:9

A womana should learn in quietness and full submission I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man, she must be quiet.
    1 Timothy 2:11–12
This discussion has been closed.