Will power at night time

Options
I do really well controlling my caloric intake up until about 7 or 8pm. If I work and come home after 11, and especially if I work through the the night, I have no will power to avoid food and I often find myself binging on food. Anyone have suggestions for how they have overcome this?
Also, now that I have 2 four year olds, it is even harder to keep carbs out of the house. I have tried to set a rule not to eat after so and so time and I always bomb! I sometimes wonder if the restrictions I place on myself just make me want to eat more

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you budget some calories for an evening snack. 100 calorie popcorn bags are a great way to get a munchie snack in for few calories.
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Night time is my biggest downfall also. I go for a light snack, but find myself still hungry afterwards! I end up eating a fair bit in the end but I always try and eat low cal low fat snacks like cold turkey slices, crackers, rice cakes, red bush tea etc. What I have been doing recently which has helped no end is drinking a large warm glass of water with half a lemon squeezed in it. After that I feel full and not interested in food!
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals (including snacks) the day before, and be honest and take into account that you are going to want to eat at that time. I find that extremely helpful rather than log as I go.
  • pinkpearlz
    Options
    I have had this problem for forever! The other day I was watching the Today show and there was a guy on there promoting a new diet where you only eat in an 8 hour period such as 11-7 or 10:30-6:30. He says you can eat whatever you want in the 8 hours like pizza and dessert even. But when you're 8 hours are up, stop. So I tried it and that of all things helped me exercise my resistance. It's been 7 days and I think I am finally breaking the habit of eating 2 bowls of cereal or pb and j sandwiches. UGH! I've only lost a pound tho but I haven't been real strict on what I eat and my exercise. Just a little on my total gym.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Eat less during the day if you aren't that hungry and just eat the majority of your calories right before bed at night time. I, like many others, cannot go to sleep unless I am pleasantly full. Also, try searching Intermittent Fasting!
  • Ginn123
    Ginn123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is great information because I tend to have this problem too at times.