Options
Hi Everyone,

I just joined myfitnesspal to help support my friend who is trying to loose weight, while I would like to shed 5-10lbs myself, I consider myself a healthy individual I just love food!

I have my bachelors degree in dietetics and have been working the the field of nutrition for about 2 years, I love my job and what I do and I love helping others get healthier!

I just started the Insanity program with my husband, only a few days in and whew is it tough! I like it though, the time goes by fast but you are beat by the end!

If you ever want some good ol' fashion quality information about nutrition just give me a shout, I stay very current on new research and love to share my knowledge, because what is the point for me to know this stuff if no one else can benefit?

Good luck to everyone, we are all on the right path to living long healthy lives!!

Replies

• weezy8150
    weezy8150 Posts: 21
    Options
    To Ahaverland....yes I do have a question.....thank you for volunteering your experience and knowledge. Is it necessary to follow food combining.....I read often not to eat 2 carbs together, but to put two other types , and then I lose track of which goes with which. Is there a combination that takes weight off faster ?
  • Ahaverland
    Options
    Typically food combining is only essential with vegetarians to make sure they eat the correct pairings of incomplete proteins to make a complete protein, as far as food combination for weight loss simply following a balance meal plan is what is best, so do not eat a meal that is only carbs or only protein, utilizing all food groups in one meal allows for our bodies to optimize the nutrients each group provides, I will look into this some more though to make sure there isn't something out there that I am unaware of, good luck!
  • CPLOTN0211
    Options
    HELLO, A FELLOW CO-WORKER OF MINE TURNED ME ONTO THIS WEBSITE, I HOPE IT HELPS ME AS MUCH AS IT HAS HELPED HIM..