Menstral cycle...ugh.

Options
I've lost 4.2 pounds thru diet and exercise since starting last Friday. I weigh daily. I started my period today and worry that I'll see a gain when I step on the scale tomorrow. Weigh? Wait until my period is over and weigh? Pull my uterus out and burn it! :) I'm open to suggestions!!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You'll have to get used to fluctuations in your weight. It happens to everyone (men too) and it's just part of life.
  • revzzz
    revzzz Posts: 8
    Options
    Weigh yourself first thing in the morning every day.

As the Mokey41 said, fluctuations are completely normal. It's not about the short term, but the long term.
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You'll have to get used to fluctuations in your weight. It happens to everyone (men too) and it's just part of life.

/thread
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have had to stop weighing myself during this time, because I get disgusted with myself after seeing that extra couple of pounds on the scale.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I've lost 4.2 pounds thru diet and exercise since starting last Friday. I weigh daily. I started my period today and worry that I'll see a gain when I step on the scale tomorrow. Weigh? Wait until my period is over and weigh? Pull my uterus out and burn it! :) I'm open to suggestions!!
    You don't need to pull it out and burn it, they just stick a laser up your hoo hah and burn the lining away. My mother had it done so she doesn't menstruate anymore. I was lucky enough to just naturally not menstruate. There are also birth contol pills where you take an active pill every day to stop mentruation.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Pull my uterus out and burn it! :) I'm open to suggestions!!

:laugh: My periods are massively painful, so I'm putting in a vote for this if you can show me it can be safely done!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself first thing in the morning every day.

As the Mokey41 said, fluctuations are completely normal. It's not about the short term, but the long term.

^ You don't need to do this. You can weigh yourself every day, every other day, every two weeks, whatever. It's your call, just keep it consistent to track those fluctuations.

I'm feeling the "pull out uterus and burn it" though; I'm on my first "No BC" period in two years, and my body is taking it's revenge.
  • JasonsSoulMate
    JasonsSoulMate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly normal for your weight to go up during your period. I can go up 1.5 - 2 Kg. Weigh yourself when you like, record it and then you know that it is just part of your cycle. I know 2 days (sometimes even a day) after my period I have up to a 2 kg loss.

as for pulling it out and burning it - I'm all for that, but I have problems with mine and my child bearing days are over.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You probably will gain but once your menstrual cycle is over your weight will go back to what it was before! Nature's greatest gift....
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    You don't need to pull it out and burn it, they just stick a laser up your hoo hah and burn the lining away. My mother had it done so she doesn't menstruate anymore. I was lucky enough to just naturally not menstruate. There are also birth contol pills where you take an active pill every day to stop mentruation.

I hope you are joking..
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said don' worry about. It's only water weight. Once your cycle is finished you will be back to your normal weight in no time:)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Totally serious. There's no medical need to have a period so why would you want one?
    I hope you are joking..
  • reddythompson
    Options

I hope you are joking..

nope she reallly isn't - goolge "Novasure" - I had it done - you do need to be done with having kids & have your tubes tied, done mainly for very heavy that time of month - I had it done last year best thing ever only one light day afterwards back to myself the following day
  • stacie101067
    Options
    Thank you all for your thoughts and support! :)
  • dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Im open to the take the uterus out and burn it because im right there with ya lol.. uterus, ovaries, everything lol
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    No worries. If you're going to weigh yourself every day, you have to accept the ups along w/ the downs. At least you KNOW that when it goes up during your period, it is NOT because of gaining any fat. :laugh:
  • beachpoodles
    beachpoodles Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My last weight gain was 6lbs during my period - it was awful. I lost the weight with in a week but now altogether in 3 weeks I've lost nothing :( I am having a hysterectomy in 2 weeks. Leaving one ovary though. I dread it but cannot wait to not deal with this crap anymore!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You will prob think I am crazy. LOL I weigh in everyday. Every morning usualy same time..
    I track that loss or gain here but I also have it on a seperate app on my iphone.. its better for reporting for me.

It also shows you your BMI.

i can export to excel email it to myself and then look at it weekly or montly etc..

i track even on my cycle days... keeps me accountable so that i dont binge those days cause i feel crappy.. So far the ups and down has not stressed me out to much.. I just had to remind myself that my weight will not always go down. especially during this time....
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it can really suck, but weight fluctuation (especially around your period) is just something you are going to have to learn to accept lol. =]
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Good grief!
    Nothing extreme needed!
    Just realize that the scale goes up and down for many reasons.
    Focus on fitness....better eating habits, striving to maintain a small deficit, the exercise of your choice, etc.
    My weight always drops a bit after my period starts, and I am at my lowest weight at the end of TOM week.