That tingly feeling

Options
I haven't exercised in a month... Just got back on the treadmill....
when I was done walking I sat down and felt that familiar tingly feeling in my legs.

What is that?

I've never really thought about it before, but now I'm really curious
Anyone have a clue?

8894072.png

Replies

• mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Fat and cellulite crying
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Meralgia paresthetica is the clinical term for the condition that causes the sensory nerves of legs to tighten. Also called "pinched nerves," this condition affects the femoral cutaneous nerves, which provide sensation to the thighs and hips. The Johns Hopkins Medicine website notes that the tingling is primarily felt on the outer thigh and is generally accompanied by a burning sensation and numbness. Repetitive movements, such as those made during exercise, intensify symptoms.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/511391-causes-of-tingling-in-legs-after-exercise/#ixzz2HX0kntrp

My doctor says alot of people have it and dont even know it. Just pace yourself. I dont even notice it anymore since I exercise daily now.
  • alanna81
    Options
    Fat and cellulite crying

LMAO I Hope you're right!:laugh:
  • alanna81
    Options
    Meralgia paresthetica is the clinical term for the condition that causes the sensory nerves of legs to tighten. Also called "pinched nerves," this condition affects the femoral cutaneous nerves, which provide sensation to the thighs and hips. The Johns Hopkins Medicine website notes that the tingling is primarily felt on the outer thigh and is generally accompanied by a burning sensation and numbness. Repetitive movements, such as those made during exercise, intensify symptoms.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/511391-causes-of-tingling-in-legs-after-exercise/#ixzz2HX0kntrp

My doctor says alot of people have it and dont even know it. Just pace yourself. I dont even notice it anymore since I exercise daily now.

wow! thanks,
    It doesn't bother me (not intense) It just made me wonder.... I had forgotten all about it. I'll check out that article
    Thanks again :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Fat and cellulite crying

:laugh: