What's your favorite veggie?

Options
What's your favorite vegetable and why? How do you prepare them? I need to eat more veggies and guidance is needed.

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    i was surprised by how much i like cauliflower. i dip it in ranch. celery with peanut butter is good too.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Asparagus. Lightly pan fry them in butter and add salt and pepper to taste. Keep al dente. You can make a mayonaise or a hollandaise for them if you wish! Very yummy!!
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    I used to be so picky about eating veggies. Now I am loving so many of them,

I commonly steam and season broccoli/ cauliflower heads with sugarsnap peas and baby carrots.

I love sauteed spinach or asparagus. (And sauteed mushrooms on everything.)

Boiled squash is also great.

Saute up some diced squash and zucchini.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash, I use it in place of pasta in recipes and its also great chopped up cold with a touch of mayo and salt and vinegar like cole slaw.. very tasty and one squash makes alot of veggie
  • Cajun_Angel
    Options
    Broccoli and cauliflower - sorry couldn't pick one.

Broccoli - I love it so and could eat it any way - a bathtub full would be my dream, lol.

Cauliflower - I like to boil it down and add a little milk and cheese, salt and pepper and mash it like potatoes - the kids for a long time didn't know the different from mash potatoes and mashed cauliflower.
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower for sure. Just season then roast and Im in heaven.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Ooh, that's a tough one. I love bell peppers and carrots, both raw. But they're also pretty good added to stir-fry. Carrots are also good in soups.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. OK, not technically a vegetable, but whatever. I've always been obsessed with them. Even as a kid. Any kind, I don't care. I just cut them up and eat them plain. I don't like 'stuff' on my tomatoes. And I really really don't like them cooked in any sort of way.

Also raw peas and raw green beans. Plain. Or dipped in hummus is good too. But mostly just plain.

Steamed broccoli and steamed cauliflower are the tops for my cooked veggie list. Steamed just to the point of being slightly softened, and them some salt on them. That's it.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    red bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, asparagus, sweet potatoes, spinach and broccoli
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Broccoli is amazing in everything
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    squash(roasted with olive oil , sea salt and garlic) and brussel sprouts(boiled , salted)
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, mushrooms, red bell peppers, onions, spinach.

I couldn't pick one!

Broccoli/mushrooms/peppers all good for dipping in hummus, on their own, in wraps/sandwiches/stirfrys. Onions needs to be in every meal I eat (unless my breakfast isn't savoury) and spinach also goes in most of my meals I make (salads/wraps/sandwiches/pastas).
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Roast Parsnip!
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Love all of them..
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tough one! Steamed broccoli??? With a tiny bit of olive oil and salt
  • shellyae
    shellyae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Zucchini and summer squash with a little bit of olive oil and season salt. On the grill is the best, but roasted or sauteed is good too.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    cauliflower
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    asparagus
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Spinach....raw with lime juice, sauteed in a little olive oil, added to all soups!
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Fresh green beans sauted with a little bit of olive oil, garlic and sliced almonds...my favorite! :smile: