just turned 18 and ready to turn a new page!

Hi everyone! My name is Hailey and I am ready to head towards fitness.
My family is not the health, but with a new gym membership and some help from all you inspirations out there I think I can do it.
Now, the thing I'm having trouble with is that with everyone in the house not on my team fit,
I'm not really sure on what foods to buy....
keep in mind I'm 18, so I can't be buying all those expensive shakes and such.
I would love to hear back from anyone, send me a message or anything!
and take it easy on me--i'm new.
Best luck to all of you!

Replies

• PORTJL
    PORTJL Posts: 17
    Welcome, hope you have success on your journey!
    As far as what to buy, I'd recommend training yourself to read labels, which will in-turn help you to pick the right foods and such.
  • belisabethbrown
    belisabethbrown Posts: 13 Member
    Hey Hailey! My name is Betsy, and I'm almost 20. I totally understand the budget idea...it has to be healthy AND fairly cheap. Though I'm trying to keep in mind that being healthy now is an investment that could save me a lot of doctor's bills and medication. Feel free to add me! I would love to help support you! You can do it. :)
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    What's an estimate for your budget for food? I could more easily think of things to buy with a number in mind. :)
    Also what appliances do you have access to? Do you have things like a bread maker, food dehydrator, waffle iron, or anything like that?
    What foods will you absolutely not try? Do you have any food allergies that you know of? What are your favorite kinds of foods?
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Been there. Know that problem. But I really think you can you can eat healthy and stay cheap. Always find that buying in bulk definitely helps. If you can portion control, you can definitely use leftovers to your advantage. Lean proteins, veggies and fruit you can usually pull off a meal totaling only a few dollars.

Cooking Light actually has a decent little section on healthy meals on the cheap. Website is free to use also.

Feel free to add. Happy to keep the motivation going.