cyclic Ketogenic carb consumption

Options
For those who have done or are doing a cyclic ketogenic eating program, what carbs do you typically eat on your load day? Looking for ideas since next Saturday is my carb day.

Replies

• Heather_Teeps
    Options
    hey im just starting my CKD. Im interested to learn about the load day. i dont think i do one in the induction period do i? that would be awesome because we are going out as a family to a resturant on saturday lol
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my diary for this past tuesday and yesterday (1/8 and 1/9)
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my diary for this past tuesday and yesterday (1/8 and 1/9)

Thanks Van. gonna check into that now.
  • belizsera
    Options
    hey im just starting my CKD. Im interested to learn about the load day. i dont think i do one in the induction period do i? that would be awesome because we are going out as a family to a resturant on saturday lol

If you are doing a 14 day induction, you do it on day 15. If you are doing the strict Cyclic Ketogenic program you go 6 days HP/LC and one day loading w/ carbs. I chose the atkins 14 day first to get use to 20g of carbs and jump start my program. I will do my carb load next Saturday and then move to a 6 day Hp/lc and One day carb load.
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I do it different, I do 29 days with vlc cycles and day 30 up to 200g carbs then I cycle my carbs the whole time from 20g to 60g and I change my calories as well on vlc 20 day I eat 1650- 1850 calories and on higher day 60g I eat 1450-1650. :) I have been doing this about 2 years and been very successful I have lost almost 200 pounds. Keep in mind I exercise at least two hours a day and do not eat back my calories. And I also do heavier lifting on 60g carb days. Hope this helps?
  • belizsera
    Options
    I do it different, I do 29 days with vlc cycles and day 30 up to 200g carbs then I cycle my carbs the whole time from 20g to 60g and I change my calories as well on vlc 20 day I eat 1650- 1850 calories and on higher day 60g I eat 1450-1650. :) I have been doing this about 2 years and been very successful I have lost almost 200 pounds. Keep in mind I exercise at least two hours a day and do not eat back my calories. And I also do heavier lifting on 60g carb days. Hope this helps?

That is amazing!!! I am hoping to find a plan that works for me. I just started this whole journey and am very excited to see what I can accomplish,