Ladies - Hormone Question

Options
Hi there! I was wondering if you ladies had the same hormonal issue as me. As the cycle goes on, around the 2nd or 3rd week, I get SUPER hungry. It's almost like I can't satisfy my hunger. It lasts for just a couple of days. If you have this issue too, how do you deal with it? Do you just go ahead and let the calorie counting go a bit for those couple of days, or do you just deal with it?

Just wondering as I'm experiencing this right now. :) I'm doing OK so far. I'm trying to have maybe 2 bigger / fattier meals right now and some smaller snacks throughout the day. it seems to be helping. But sometimes, I'm still so hungry!

Replies

• Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You mean like a week before your period? If so that is totally normal. I keep track of my periods even though I have an IUD. When I get snacky, *****y or irritable I take a peak at Fertility Friend and it is usually because I am expecting AF relatively soon.
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    This is very common. What you will want to do is make sure during this time you eat enough protein and fiber so that your hunger will be satisfied and you won't eat too much or eat the wrong items.
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    burn some exercise calories so you can eat more!
  • sbrchick
    Options
    Yes, I have the same problem. There are a few days where I will eat anything and everything. When that happens, I drink lots and lots of water, usually in the form of tea, and try to exercise a little longer/harder to make up for the extra calories.
  • _jkr
    _jkr Posts: 24
    Options
    If I'm hungry I eat/drink water. I never let myself get hungry for a long period of time.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That's lots of great advice. And I'm happy I'm not alone in this one. :) It's not exactly PMS, it seems to happen in the middle of my cycle. I'm just SO hungry! Like, stomach-growling hungry even though I just ate not that long ago. I do try to satisfy my hunger, but I don't know if it makes sense just to go over calories a little on those days. Well, maybe I'll experiment next month and see what happens.
  • doyewole
    Options
    Yes, I have the same problem. There are a few days where I will eat anything and everything. When that happens, I drink lots and lots of water, usually in the form of tea, and try to exercise a little longer/harder to make up for the extra calories.

same here
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I turn into a food monster haha. This is probably not the best advice but sometimes it really bothers me, like I go crazy and I want a cure for the food cravings I get, but the last couple of times I just gave up on caring. If I am more hungry then I eat. It's something we are going to have to deal with for a long time so I figure just make it as nice as possible, plus honestly I like being able to feast and blame my hormones...and I am anemic so that just makes it worse with another excuse haha. Anyways I wish you the best of luck =].
  • islandgirldl76
    islandgirldl76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If it is fairly predictable. Plan a week out maybe to cut your calories for the day short for 4-5 days. So you can eat your craving for a couple days. But if you are anything like me willpower will not trump those hormonal food cravings. lol So just go with it and don't beat yourself up. You can also bump your workouts to. You can always try the healthier versions of stuff but I am guessing you have already done that.