Sprinting

Options
Anyone have a good sprinting workout? I just started this one:

Stand on the sides of the treadmill, turn up to 9mph, jump on and sprint for 20 sec, just off for 10, repeat

I love doing interval training on the treadmill rather than just running. Im interested in what other people do so I can mix it up every once in a while.

Replies

• Sarahsue94
    Options
    No one?
  • merv243
    merv243 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have trouble sprinting on the treadmill, but I do similar on the cross ramp (except instead of stopping I just slow down, and I do 45 sec fast/30 sec slow). In the summer I sprint outside and do 30/30.

Other good interval-training type workouts that I like are 4 Minutes of Hell (youtube it) and general conditioning exercises. I take pieces from 4 minutes and do them for a longer time, for example. Anything that gets you out of breath quickly and repeatedly is good.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I do fartleks when I run, row, swim and cycle. Just go fast for however long and slower for a shorter period. I use a gymboss for the timing (apart from swimming), it beeps nice and loudly for inside and outside the gym, etc. I prefer outdoor sprints, the treadmill and indoor cycles suck a bit. Only indoor sprints I tend to enjoy are the rowing machine ones : )

Do not forget that hill work is also important.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I could not imagine trying to sprint on a treadmill
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    153430_o.gif