Bar Louie Flatbread....is this calorie amount really right?

Options
I went to Bar Louie tonight and had the buffalo chicken flatbread. According to mfp, the entire thing is only 370 calories. I'm finding that hard to believe because it was HUGE and had a lot of cheese on it. I'd looked up the nutrition info before going and for 370 calories expected something very small. The bread itself is extremely thin but I'd think even just the cheese would add a ton of calories. It was very good and very filling- I always save calories for a snack b/c I'm always hungry a few hours after dinner, but after that I am not at all. If that nutrition info is really right, I've only had something like 700 calories today, so I feel like I should eat something else- but I'm full! Does anyone have any idea if the 370 is realistic for the dish? How much is flatbread in general? I tried to google it but was only coming up with subway results where I know the bread is a lot thicker/more like actual bread.

Replies

• jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's right. I looked it up in Livestrong and it was over 1,000 calories for one flatbread pizza. Sorry..... . :grumble:

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/bar-louie/
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's right. I looked it up in Livestrong and it was over 1,000 calories for one flatbread pizza. Sorry..... . :grumble:

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/bar-louie/

That's the regular buffalo chicken pizza, which has fried chicken on it and presumably real bread. Unless I'm looking right at it, I don't see any flat bread on that link. I looked there before to see if I could find it and it wasn't there. The only other website I saw the flatbread on also said 370 calories, but it's possible that was wrong and someone just copied that to mfp. The vegetable one on yet another site says it's 105...so that must mean the bread itself is very low calorie.

I think I"m just not going to eat anything else just to be safe since I'm not sure. I'm not hungry anyway and never eat under my calories normally, so it's not that big of a deal for one day. I'd really like to know for the future though, because if that amount truly is correct that would be a great low calorie treat.
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Oops! Sorry - I didn't realize there was a difference! But, if you're not hungry, don't eat. :tongue:
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    No problem, thanks anyway! I wish restaurants were required to put out their nutritional information! I think I'm going to look for some flatbread at the store and make my own version next time- that way I know what's going in it!
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how that is possible. The buffalo chicken pizza is over 1000 and the sandwich is over 900, and the same thing at Buffalo Wild Wings is 908. I think something got misprinted somewhere and it's been copied a whole bunch, because any info I found was EXACTLY the same at what you posted. That's pretty odd. I've had differences of up to 20 calories from different sites. I have scanned barcodes on food and it's different than what's on the internet. Sometimes even different than that products website. Good luck!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This is probably irrelevant now. I found this thread, as I was hoping to find nutrition info for the Bar Louie menu myself (since I'm going there tonight for a bday party).

I didn't see any nutrition info on their website, so I ended up Tweeting the company. They emailed me a copy of the menu with calories included. Unfortunately it looks like the flat bread does have almost 1,000 calories:

FLATBREADS - Buffalo Chicken
    grilled chicken, green onion, blue cheese crumbles, buffalo sauce, smoked onion ranch, provolone, mozzarella $12
    968 Cal
  • dianiawilliams918
    Options
    I work at Bar Louie. The buffalo flatbread is right at 1000 for the whole. 370 is for 1 serving which is about a third of the pizza.