The Death Of Common Sense

Options
124»

Replies

• lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Amen to that. Add to that kindness and empathy.

I would argue that the younger generation is much more empathetic and kind than previous generations.

I was speaking in a general way not particularly about the younger generation. I think society in general is less kind and has less empathy than in previous years.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Amen to that. Add to that kindness and empathy.

I would argue that the younger generation is much more empathetic and kind than previous generations.

I was speaking in a general way not particularly about the younger generation. I think society in general is less kind and has less empathy than in previous years.

Ah...well, I don't want to get into a political debate so I will just say that I get what you are saying.
  • Aspiring_Inferno
    Options
    holy opinionated whiners

There's nothing wrong with a little debate :)

Says the kid that doesn't realize that middle age people work their fingers to the bone saving for retirement while trying to keep up on their current bills raising and caring for their families in a vast degree of scenarios, with a growing fear of NO social security benefits that they've paid into their entire working life.

Thank you for proving the original posters' point.
  • doorki
    Options
    holy opinionated whiners

Says the kid that doesn't realize that middle age people work their fingers to the bone saving for retirement while trying to keep up on their current bills raising and caring for their families in a vast degree of scenarios, with a growing fear of NO social security benefits that they've paid into their entire working life.

Where did he say that?
  • Aspiring_Inferno
    Options
    holy opinionated whiners

How is disagreeing whining?

Its not, however; debating with personal opinion without facts to support perspective is.
  • doorki
    Options
    holy opinionated whiners

Its not, however; debating with personal opinion without facts to support perspective is.

So you were referring to the OP when you were talking about whiners. Gotcha.
  • Aspiring_Inferno
    Options
    holy opinionated whiners

So you were referring to the OP when you were talking about whiners. Gotcha.

No, it was more of a Rorschach test.
  • TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    holy opinionated whiners

I don't understand where this came from, I work fulltime and live in a rented house so I do have to pay bills. Of course I understand that some people have it much worse than me but I don't think I made any comment to suggest that I'm not aware of this.