I NEED HELP!! :(

Options
I am so disgusted with myself for letting my weight get so out of control. Every time i try to do better and diet it only lasts for at the most two weeks and then all my motivation is out the window and i resort back to eating junk, then end up adding on even more weight. I want to lose weight because i cant stand the way i look and how being 100 pounds overweight makes me feel physically. I never have any energy, even when i do get a good nights sleep i am still constantly falling asleep during the day when i am supposed to be doing stuff with my 5 year old son and doing my college homework, but instead i sit in the same place on the couch and watch TV and fall asleep. I don't know how to get out of this rut and i don't know how to stay motivated. Is there anyone out there that can give me some advise or that would be willing to offer any motivational support because i could really use a friend.

Replies

• TSec
    TSec Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in need of afriend too! I have the tools and the knowledge to changebmy body but like you I lose my motivation quick...maybe we can keep each other excited about fitness...ill send a friend request. :-)
  • Roboartist
    Options
    I've been there. One thing i found was I was trying to do too much all at once. My ticker says 13 pounds lost but I have actually lost 31 pounds since last year just by making really gradual changes and committing myself to continue tweaking things from there. i used to sit on the couch and do nothing all day, barely moving to pack kid lunches and do some household stuff.

You could try by aiming for short bursts of exercise during commercials and then add on from there. Like exercise from one commercial break, through the show and to the next break. It is amazing how much energy you get from just expending some energy. I am still working on myself, slowly but surely. You just need to dig down deep inside of yourself to find your resolve, which seems easier said than done.
  • genkimomof2
    genkimomof2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about balancing kids and getting out there to do stuff. Fortunately your son is old enough that he can participate in your healthy activities. Ask him to come with you and take a walk somewhere. It's good bonding time, and he will be the one begging to go out with you once he gets the idea that you are willing to do that, pushing you off the couch (literally, probably). Or you two can go cycling together, swimming together, cross country skiing together, whatever floats your boat...he is old enough to be able to do it too, probably. My 7 year old and I play badminton, swim, walk, and cycle together, and he loves it! Trying to catch up with him keeps me on my toes.

We got rid of our TV in 2007 and never looked back. We use our computer to watch a video if we are in the mood, but mostly we found we didn't miss it after a couple of weeks and now we think it's boring when it's on at other people's houses. When you don't have a TV, it forces you to think of other things to do to occupy your time. We play games, go out to museums, play in the park, read...all kinds of things! If you feel your TV is part of your "rut" problem, ditch it. Think of all the money you'll save on cable bills and electricity!