SOUTH BEACH DIET

Options
I have been doing South Beach on and off for almost 2 years now. I lost 35 pounds within the first 8 months and I love the diet! I reached my goal weight and then started going off here and there and enjoying margaritas and certain foods once again but within moderation so I could still maintain my weight. I have found that what happens is when I see the scale go up by 3 lbs, I start putting myself in check and then it goes down but then another weekend comes along I want to cheat, and it goes up 3 lbs again... It fluctuates by about 5 lbs. This has not been bad and thankfully, I've kept the weight off. But now I'm tired of being in this range and I have a new goal that is 10 lbs under my original goal so I'm hitting South Beach hard once again and adding in more workout time. I love love love the South beach and good carb way of eating. It's so satisfying and never gets old. If anyone else is doing South Beach, let's share recipes and motivation!

Replies

• KristinaL
    KristinaL Posts: 41
    Options
    I use to do the south beach diet... I might start it again .. I will have to look up some recipes for it tho.. lol caue I dont remember any of them!!
  • jessi0515
    Options
    well one of the things I love about it is you can literally eat out anywhere and there is going to be something south beach friendly. I used to eat at Chili's all the time! I love their salmon, margarita chicken, guiltless grill steak, enchilada soup, and for sides I always ask for black beans and veggies. I eat a lot of tunafish and salads for lunch that I make myself and I love to cook salmon with spinach or chicken and black beans are a favorite of mine. But when I'm really tired and need something now, I order to-go from Chili's... it saves me when I feel like going off my diet!
  • KristinaL
    KristinaL Posts: 41
    Options
    lo.. I hear ya .. I'm the same way I actually do the same thing you had mentioned in your original message about fluctuating from 3 -5 lbs... I go off on the weekends or special occasions and it sucks!!! I eat at Eat N Park when we eat out and try to eat as healthy as possible!!!